DPReview’s Chris and Jordan review what they think is the best and the worst gear of 2019.
Canon doesn’t score very well in Chris and Jordan’s hit lists. They classify the Canon Rebel SL3 as “worst camera of 2019”. At least the EOS R ranks first in the category “most improved camera via firmware”.
The Sony a7R IV is DPReview TV’s best camera of 2019, and the Panasonic S1H best hybrid camera of 2019. The Tamron 35mm f/1.4 is their best lens of 2019. And here is the video about best and worst gear of 2019:
Sony a7R IV:
Only for today (10/22/2019) KEH offers 20% off on accessories and 10% off on DSLRs. All you have to do to get the discounts is to use code NOW10A at checkout.
Noteworthy Kickstarter projects:
- SliderMini portable camera slider
- Universal camera strap with lifetime warranty
- DUO Daypack, quick access camera bag with lifetime warranty
- Kamlan 50mm f/1.1 lens for $199
- Peak Design super light travel tripod
We offer 10% discount to subscriptions to Pixpa all-in-one platform for photographers.
Canon Europe stores have a cash back promotions going on:
Chris and Jordan from DPReviewTV review the gear announced in 2018, and share their opinion about it.
According to Chris and Jordan, this is the situation:
BEST CAMERA 2018
WORST CAMERA 2018
BEST LENS 2018
WORST LENS 2018
BEST VIDEO CAMERA 2018
And here is the video. Enjoy, and share your thoughts in the comment section.
Lensrentals posted some stats about the gear they rent. As expected Canon has quite a presence.
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
- Canon 5D Mark IV
- Canon 5D Mark III
- Sennheiser G3 Wireless Mic Kit -Freq A
- Sony Alpha a7S II
- Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
- Canon 35mm f/1.4L II
- Canon 50mm f/1.2L
- Sony Alpha a7 III
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS
- Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L
- Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro
- Zhiyun-Tech Crane-2 3-Axis Stabiliser
- Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L III
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II
- Panasonic GH5
- Sony Alpha a7R III
- GoPro HERO6 Black
- Nikon D750
And here is the share of camera brands:
|Brand||This Year||Last Year|