It seems Canon is actively developing a new imaging sensor with wide dynamic range, according…
Tamron released a “Lens Utility Mobile” app for Android devices. See below for what it is good.
Tamron press release:
TAMRON announces TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile™ for Android™ 1 OS; users can tune lens features in the field via a smartphone
November 29, 2022, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shiro Ajisaka; Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the launch of TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile™, a dedicated application for smartphones and tablets running with Android™ 1 OS that provides convenient use in the field and expands the possibilities of video and still photography.
The application is the mobile version of the TAMRON Lens Utility™ dedicated Windows and Mac PC software that has earned praise from many TAMRON lens users since its release in October 2021 and was developed in-house by TAMRON.
|APPLICATION NAME||TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile™|
|DATE OF LAUNCH||November 29, 2022|
|COMPATIBLE OS||Android 6-12 2|
|COMPATIBLE LENS 3 4||28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063)|
35-150mm F/2-2.8 Di III VXD (Model A058)
20-40mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A062)
Summary of TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile
October 2021 marked the release of TAMRON Lens Utility, a dedicated PC software that enables the customization of various functions of select TAMRON lenses to match the video and still photography style of the lens user. Since then, we have received feedback regarding improved convenience from customers wishing to make lens function customizations when shooting in the field. As a result, we have developed TAMRON Lens Utility Mobile for Android OS. Using the TAMRON Connection Cable 5, an Android smart device can be connected to a lens to easily configure lens customizations without requiring a computer.
A new function that enables lens operations to be controlled from a smartphone has also been added. For example, the A-B Focus function that smoothly shifts the focus from one preselected subject to another can be setup without touching the lens.
Expansion of functions in the future is possible to make users even more comfortable to try out video production.
- Tethered remote controlDedicated features developed for the smartphone can be configured to perform tethered control.
(Features that can be configured with the Remote Set Button in the application)
– A-B Focus: Set 2 focus positions (A and B) and make the focus shift between A and B 6
– Focus Preset: Set your desired focus position and move the focus to the recorded point by a single tap of the Remote Set Button 6
6 With the Mobile version, the focus travel time can be specified in 0.1-second increments. With the PC version, there are eight possible speed levels.
- Customizing the Custom Switch or Focus Set Button (Normal functions available with the PC version)- A-B Focus: Set 2 focus positions (A and B) and make the focus shift between A and B 6
– Focus Preset: Set your desired focus position and move the focus to the recorded point by a single press of the Focus Set Button 6
– Focus Limiter: Select the autofocus search range between Full and Limit
– Select AF/MF: Select AF and MF function using the Focus Set Button
– Switch Focus Ring Function (Focus/Aperture): Switch Focus Ring Function from focus adjustment to aperture adjustment
– Assign function from the camera: Assign custom functions from the camera body to the Focus Set Button