Images of the upcoming Canon Rebel SL3 leaked, courtesy of Nokishita.
Canon really managed to add some more confusion to their weird geo-dependent naming scheme. While it’s Rebel SL3 in the USA, the same camera is named EOS 200D Mark II in Southeast Asia (EOS 200D in Asia?), Kiss X10 in Japan, and EOS 250D in Europe. I suggest they fire someone in the marketing department. Release date is expected for April 25, 2019.
Machine translated specifications:
- APS-C size equivalent CMOS sensor with about 24.1 million effective pixels
- Video engine DIGIC 8
- “Digital lens optimizer” installed in the camera
- Equipped with “Auto Lighting Optimizer” that automatically corrects the brightness and contrast to a natural impression
- “Dual pixel CMOS AF” evolved
- It supports ranging area of approximately 100% (vertically) x approximately 88% (horizontally) of the imaging surface
- At the time of optional selection of AF area, it is possible to select from up to 3,975 positions
- When AF area is automatically selected, ranging with up to 143 divisions is possible
- Low brightness limit EV-4 is realized during live view shooting
- During Live View shooting, “Puit AF” is activated to detect the subject’s pupil with pinpoint and focus on Servo AF / Movie Servo AF setting as well.
- Equipped with “one spot AF”
- Capable of 4K (24p / 25p) high-definition movie shooting
- It is equipped with “4K frame cutout” which saves any one frame as a JPEG image of about 8.3 million pixels only by camera operation
- At the time of movie photography, camera shake correction of five axes is possible at the time of wearing of correspondence lens by the use of gyro sensor
- Equipped with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Size: 122.4 x 92.6 x 69.8 mm
- Weight: Black / Silver 402g · White 404g (body only), Black / Silver 449g · White 451g (CIPA compliant)
- Kit: Body (Black), Lens Kit (Black, White, Silver), Double Zoom Kit (Black)
- Expected release date: April 25, 2019
- Image is black and white 200D II for Southeast Asia, Silver is Kiss X 10
- The name is Rebel SL3 in the United States, 250D in Europe, and 200D in Asia.