Canon got themselves a Fujitsu FX1000 Supercomputer System. Press release: Fujitsu to Deliver New FX1000…
Zeiss announced a new lens line-up, named Milvus. The video below is an introduction to the lenses, just published by Zeiss. Pre-orders are live:
- Zeiss Milvus 100mm f/2M ZE – $1,843 – B&H Photo | Adorama
- Zeiss Milvus 21mm f/2.8 ZE – $1,843 – B&H Photo | Adorama
- Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/1.4 ZE – $1,199 – B&H Photo | Adorama
- Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/2M ZE – $1,283 – B&H Photo | Adorama
- Zeiss Milvus 85mm f/1.4 ZE – $1,799 – B&H Photo | Adorama
Zeiss’ press release with lots of technical description is here.
Product description for the Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/1.4 ZE after the break.
The Canon EF mount Milvus 50mm f/1.4 ZE Lens from Zeiss pairs the normal-perspective focal length with a complex Distagon optical design in order to achieve notable image quality, even when working with the fast maximum aperture. The lens construction incorporates four low dispersion elements and one aspherical element to control chromatic aberrations and distortions for notable clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range. An enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating has also been applied to significantly reduce ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in difficult lighting conditions.
Its manual focus design is complemented by a rubberized focus ring for fine-tuned, precise control over your focus position. Additionally, Milvus-series lenses also feature an equally aesthetic and durable frosted, anodized metal lens barrel surface along with a weather-sealed construction to protect against dust and moisture.
- This 50mm f/1.4 lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF mount DSLRs, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 80mm equivalent focal length
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also enables extensive control over depth of field.
- Complex Distagon optical design features four low dispersion glass elements and one aspherical element to benefit performance when working with wider apertures. This design also significantly reduces chromatic aberrations for increased clarity and sharpness.
- Enhanced Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating controls ghosting and flare for high contrast, color-neutral imagery.
- Manual focus design is benefitted by laser-engraved focusing and depth of field scales, along with an IR position dot and hard stops at both infinity and minimum focusing positions.
- Weather-resistant construction includes internal seals to guard against dust and moisture as well as a blue sealing ring at the lens mount to protect the lens-camera interface.
- All-metal lens barrel has a frosted, anodized surface along with a rubberized focusing ring for both durability and improved tactile control.