Amateur Photographer posted a set of samples shot with the G7 X.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-146935
- Published Date 2014.8.14
- Filing date 2013.1.28
- Canon patents
- OLPF effect of the variable
- OLPF using the diffusion plate, the movement of the optical axis direction, the diffusion degree of the variable
- Automatic movement corresponding to the false color
Canon Hong Kong‘s page about the latest announced products contains a curious note. The note is at the end of the page, after the Powershot N2 description. It says:
New PowerShot Digital Compact Camera Under Development
Featuring large image sensor, high zoom capability and compact body
Canon is developing a new premium digital compact camera that combines the merits of both large image sensor and high-magnification optical zoom lens in response to the demands from users looking for high quality high zoom performance. Offering both convenience from a compact body and excellent super telephoto performance, this camera is perfect for everyday or travel shooting in high quality.
Sounds like a development announcement. Is a large sensor, super-zoom compact camera coming from Canon?
Update: DCwatch posted an article where this upcoming Powershot camera is mentioned. Below you see a picture of a slide where the development announcement is shown.
Matt Granger posted a set of pictures shot at high ISOs with the new Canon EOS 7D Mark II. And they are pretty impressive. High ISO performance of the 7D Mark II appears to be excellent. Download the pics to see them in full resolution.
Shot at ISO 51200 (image by Matt Granger)
I also highly recommend these technical articles by the Canon Digital Learning Center that explain the Canon EOS 7D Mark II’s new features.
- New Intelligent Viewfinder feature on EOS 7D Mark II
- Flash and the EOS 7D Mark II
- First ever anti-flicker technology launches in an EOS DSLR
- Differences between Zone AF and AF Point Expansion on the EOS 7D Mark II
- Auto ISO operation in the EOS 7D Mark II
The new EOS 7D Mark II can be pre-ordered. Shipment is expected for November 2014 and orders will be shipped on a first come first serve basis::
- 7D Mark II 18-135mm IS STM KIT – $2,149 – Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- 7D Mark II body only – $1,799 – Adorama | B&H Photo | Amazon
- 7D Mark II battery LP-E6N – $99 – Adorama
- 7D Mark II battery grip – $319 – Adorama | B&H Photo
- WFT-E7A Wireless File Transmitter – $849 – Adorama ! B&H Photo
More world-wide pre-order links after the break