The rumor is reported by NL. As you probably know, we expect Canon to announce an entry-level full frame DSLR (have a look here too) for Photokina in September 2012. The reported specs basically cover what I already reported before. The information I got in the past were naming an EOS 7D Mark II as the upcoming entry-level full frame camera, while NL is referring to a 6D. Whatever the name will be, I think it can be taken for granted that Canon is indeed working on such a camera (and maybe already testing prototypes), especially if you consider that Nikon is doing the same (there is a leaked image of the cam). ’nuff said, let’s have a look on the leaked specs (I hope this camera comes with a more advanced AF system):
- Two different sensor specs received […] for a ‘cheaper’ FF DSLR.
- One suggests an 18MP sensor and the other 22MP
- Looks like straightforward remodelling of either the 1DX or 5D3 sensors
- Other features:
- Design closer to 7D than 5D3 (smaller and with flash)
- 7D style AF system (19 pt) and VF LCD
- 7D metering
- Single Digic 5+
- 3.9 fps
- 3 inch LCD
- 51200 max ISO
- sub – $2000 price point at introduction
Support Canon Watch! I love to bring you all the latest news about everything that's related to Canon, and to photography. If you like what I am doing here, then consider buying your gear by clicking my affiliate links. You won't pay a penny more and I get a small commission that helps keep the site going. I only link well known and reputable sellers. Thank you for your support!