Did Canon make a huge mistake when they told Viltrox not to market auto-focus lenses…
All Oscars 2019 nominated feature documentaries were shot with Canon gear.
- “Free Solo,” directors Jimmy Chin, Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi. Used gear: Canon C300 Mark II, Canon 1D X Mark II, Canon Cinema Primes, Canon 50-1000mm Cine Servos
- “Hale County This Morning, This Evening,” director RaMell Ross. Used gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- “Minding the Gap,” director Bing Liu. Used gear: Canon 5D (no indication which mark), EF 16-35mm Lens
- “Of Fathers and Sons,” director Talal Derki. Used gear: Canon EOS C300.
- “RBG,” Betsy West, director Julie Cohen. Used gear: Canon C300 Mark II, EF Zoom 16-35mm, 24-70mm T2.8, 70-200mm, 400mm Prime lens
So what might the reason Canon gear edges out the competition in the documentary category? And why are there no Sonys?[via Cinema5D]