Only for today (4/20/21) Adorama's Deal of the Day features a 50% discount on the…
Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II at a glance:
- Canon EF-M Mount/APS-C Format
- 56mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/0.95 to f/16
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Two Extra-High Refractive Index Elements
- One High Refractive Index Element
- Manual Focus Design
- De-Clicked Aperture Ring
- Depth of Field and Distance Scales
- Nine-Blade Diaphragm
One of the more exotic lenses for Canon’s EOS M system, the Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II got a substantial discount for Black Friday 2017. The Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II is on sale at $479 at B&H Photo , and it’s $599 elsewhere. Below your see a video of what is the fastest lens available for the EOS M system.
If you’re hunting deals it’s a good idea to regularly check the page of your interest.
Mitakon Zhongyi 35mm F/0.95 Overview after the break.
Mitakon Zhongyi Speedmaster 35mm F/0.95 Overview
Pairing an incredibly fast maximum aperture with a standard focal length, this black Speedmaster 35mm f/0.95 Mark II Lens from Mitakon Zhongyi is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 56mm equivalent focal length. The bright f/0.95 maximum aperture offers increased control over depth of field and focus, as well as benefitting working in low or difficult lighting conditions. Maintaining a high degree of image quality throughout the aperture range, a sophisticated optical design features both low dispersion and high refractive index elements to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing.
Balancing the optical components is a robust all-metal lens body that facilitates a smooth manual focus design along with a manual de-clicked aperture ring for smooth, silent exposure adjustment. Depth of field and distance scales are also featured on the lens barrel to aid working with pre-focusing techniques.
- A versatile standard prime, this 35mm lens is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras where it provides a 56mm equivalent focal length.
- An extremely fast f/0.95 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also avails considerable control over depth of field for selective focus applications.
- The 11 elements, eight groups optical design incorporates one extra-low dispersion element, two extra-high refractive index elements, and three high refractive index elements to significantly reduce chromatic aberrations and fringing, as well as contribute to a high degree of sharpness and resolution.
- Manual focus design is complemented by both depth of field and distance scales for utilizing pre-focusing and zone focusing techniques.
- De-clicked aperture ring offers silent, smooth adjustment that is well-suited to video applications.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Metal lens barrel offers increased durability, yet remains lightweight at 1 lb.