Good to see that Canon makes achievements in domains that are not related to imaging…
Canon press release:
Canon U.S.A. Closes Out 2015 With Industry Awards And Recognition Celebrating Continued Product Innovation
MELVILLE, N.Y. — Reflecting on a year of continued product innovation, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, recognizes the many awards from prominent industry organizations and publications it received throughout 2015 – a hallmark year as the company hosted its once-every-five-year Canon EXPO, which can still be explored online until December 31.
In addition to its well-known camera, printer and business solutions, Canon Inc. was ranked three in the U.S. in patents received, with 4,055 patents granted in 2014 and 40 out of 100 on Interbrand’s “Best Global Brands” in 2015, demonstrating the Company’s sustained strong global brand performance. Additionally, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency awarded Canon with a SmartWay® Excellence Award for the brand’s service as an industry leader in freight supply chain environmental performance and energy efficiency.
“We are proud of the innovative products we continued to deliver to our loyal customers,” said Kotaro Fukushima, senior director and general manager, Corporate Communications Division, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “We are honored that the industry and media recognized our hard work and dedication to producing quality, best-in-class products and look forward to continuing the momentum in 2016.”
Canon earned several distinguished awards for its consumer products in 2015, such as the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 receiving “Printer of the Year” from ImagingResource.com, the MAXIFY iB4020 and MAXIFY MB5320 were named “Editor’s Choice” from ComputerShopper.com and DigitalTrends.com, respectively.
Products from the camera and lens portfolio that received two or more industry awards include:
- Canon C300 Mark II: “Best New Camera NAB 2015” – NewsShooter.com; “Award of Excellence” & “Best in Show NAB 2015” – ProductionHUB.com
- Canon EOS 5DS R: “Honoree, Digital Imaging” – CES Innovation Awards; “Editors’ Choice” – DigitalTrends.com; “Hot One Award – Best Full Frame” – Professional Photographer Magazine; “Best Pro Camera”− Resource Magazine; “Cameras of the Year- Best Professional Cameras” – Imaging Resource
- Canon EOS 5D S: “Pop Award 2015” ─ Popular Photography; “Best Pro Camera” and “Editors’ Choice” ─ Reviewed.com; “Cameras of the Year- Best Professional Cameras” – Imaging Resource
- Canon EOS Rebel T6s: “Editors’ Choice” – DigitalTrends.com; “Silver Award” – DPReview.com; “Camera of Distinction, Intermediate DSLR” and “Dave’s Pick” – ImagingResource.com; “Editors’ Choice” – PC Magazine
- Canon XC10: “Post Pick Award – Coolest New Product NAB 2015” – Post Magazine; “Best in Show NAB 2015” – TVTechnology.com; “Honoree – Digital Imaging” – CES Innovation Awards; “Editors Pick” ─ Resource Magazine.
- Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM: “Editors’ Choice” – PC Magazine; “Hot One Award – “Hot One Award-Best Telephoto Zoom Lens” – Professional Photographer Magazine
- Canon EF 11-24mm f4L USM: “Hot One Award-Best Wide-Angle Lens” – Professional Photographer Magazine; “Best Lens – Full-Frame” – DPReview.com; “Pop Award 2015” – Popular Photography; “Lenses of the Year, Best Zoom Lens” – Imaging Resource
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM: “Editors’ Choice” – PC Magazine; “Hot One Award-Best Portrait Lens” – Professional Photographer Magazine
- Canon PowerShot G3 X: “Editors’ Choice” – DigitalTrends.com; “Editors’ Choice” – Reviewed.com
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II: “Hot one Award- Best APS-C” from Professional Photographer Magazine, “Lucie Technical Award for Best Crop Sensor Camera” The Lucie Awards.
Also included in this year’s award line-up was recognition for other products from Canon’s camera and lens portfolio, including: the Canon EF400mm f/4 DO IS II USM received the “Hot One Award – Best Action Lens” from Professional Photographer Magazine; the Canon EOS Rebel T6i received “Dave’s Pick” from ImagingResource.com; the Canon PowerShot SX60 HS received the “Editors’ Choice” from PC Magazineand the Canon Speedlite 430 EX II received a “Pop Award 2015” from Popular Photography.
Business Solutions Recognitions
Overall, Canon’s business solutions were recognized by DPS Magazine naming Canon as a “Top 30 Readers Choice,” and IDC named Canon as a leader in IDC Marketspace on Smart MF peripheral assessment report.
For the seventh consecutive year the Canon U.S.A. Technical Support Center has earned the Center of Excellence certification by BenchmarkPortal, one of the most prestigious awards in the customer service and support industry. The award recognizes the Company’s rank in the top 10 percent of all call centers surveyed.
The Canon imagePRESS C10000VP was listed as a “Pressroom: Digital Press – Must See ‘Em” at Graph EXPO. The Canon imageCLASS MF227dw was named an “Editors’ Choice” by PC Magazine while BetterBuys named Canon’s imageRUNNER 1400 Series as the “Editors’ Choice, Black and White Multifunction.”
The Océ VarioPrint i300 sheet-fed color inkjet press has received the prestigious 2015 InterTech Technology Award from the Printing Industries of America. The recognized Océ VarioPrint i300 model is the first-of-its-kind digital high-speed, sheetfed inkjet press designed to help accelerate the printing industry’s transition from offset to high-volume digital output.
Buyers Lab LLC (BLI), a leading imaging industry analyst for multifunction, copier, printer, scanner and software solutions, recognized a wide range of Canon’s business printers in 2015:
- Canon imageCLASS MF229dw: “Summer Pick – Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency”
- Canon imageCLASS MF6180 dw and imageCLASS MF6160 dw: “Outstanding Achievement in Energy Efficiency”
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120: “Summer Pick – Outstanding Achievement in Value”
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-M1060 Scanner: “Winter Pick – Outstanding Achievement Award for Value”
- Canon imageRUNNER Advance 6255: “Winter Pick – 51-60ppm A3 Monochrome MFP”
- Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE C350iF: “Summer Pick – Outstanding Color MFP for Mid-Size to Large Workshops”
- Therefore: “Summer Pick – Outstanding ECM Platform”
- uniFLOW v5.3 Solution: “Outstanding Document Imaging Solution Suite”
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All reference product names and other marks are trademarks of this respective owners.