We got an interesting tip (thanks) about a Canon 8K camera with a Super 35mm…
At the beginning of October some rumored specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS-1D X Mark III surfaced. Now there is a bit more that’s rumored.
Below you see the already rumored specifications and the new ones (in bold):
- 28.1MP full frame CMOS image sensor
- Up to 30fps still shooting
- Dual DIGIC 9 (first time the EOS-1D series would introduce a new processor)
- IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation)
- New and larger rear LCD, possibly brighter too
- February 2020 announcement
- New battery with “new feature”
- Optical viewfinder with more/additional information displayed
- 61 autofocus points, all cross-type with a “slightly” larger spread
- Similar top-down LCD to the EOS R
All plausible suggestions, in our opinion (with one exception). It’s also speculated that there could be a development announcement related to the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III (all rumors).
The only weird element in the list above is IBIS. Given the remarkable collection of patent applications dealing with IBIS., we think IBIS is coming to Canon cameras. But will the EOS-1D X Mark II replacement be the first Canon camera to feature it?
Stay tuned, more to come.
Source: Canon Rumors