At a glance:
- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 6 Image Processors
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Clear View II LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p/60 Video & Movie Servo AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
- 65-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Native ISO 16000, Extended to ISO 51200
- 10 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Built-In GPS Receiver & Digital Compass
- Magnesium Alloy Body Construction
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following functional enhancements and improvements:
1. Supports Wi-Fi adapter W-E1.
2. Adds a setting to enable or disable automatic storage of the lens if it is extended out when a gear-driven STM lens*1 is attached, and the power switch is turned to [OFF].
*1 EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, or EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lenses
* In the notification titled “To Users of the EOS 7D Mark II DSLR Camera” posted from August 25 to September 8, there was an error relating to the planned additional functions, so this error has been corrected.
The EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM lens aberration data will not be added by performing this firmware update. The lens aberration correction data can be registered in EOS Utility Ver.3.4.30 or later.
Firmware Version 1.1.0 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.0.5. If the camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.0, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of the camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.