Did Canon make a huge mistake when they told Viltrox not to market auto-focus lenses…
It doesn’t happen often. Canon pulled firmware 1.1.1 for the Canon EOS 7D Mark II because of the rare occurence of a communicstion error with the WiFi Adapter W-E1.
A communication error has been discovered when using the EOS 7D Mark II running Firmware Version 1.1.1, which version was released on April 27, 2017, in combination with the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
Remote shooting with the Camera Connect App is not possible after connecting the EOS 7D Mark II to a smartphone via the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1.
This error occurs for cameras that have been updated from Firmware Version 1.0.5 or earlier to Firmware Version 1.1.1
This phenomenon will not occur if the camera meets either of the two conditions below:
• If the camera has been updated from Firmware Version 1.1.0 to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
• If the camera was already equipped with Firmware Version 1.1.1 at the time of purchase.
We are currently making preparations to correct this phenomenon with the release of a firmware update in early June. In the meantime, the tentative countermeasure is as follows:
• Firmware Version 1.1.1 will no longer be available for download, and Firmware Version 1.1.0 will be made available for download again.
• Users whose camera is affected by this phenomenon are asked to download Firmware Version 1.1.0 and install Firmware Version 1.1.0 onto the camera.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.
If you want the improvements and fixes provided in Firmware Version 1.1.1* applied to your camera, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region and make a request for your camera to be re-updated to Firmware Version 1.1.1.
Firmware version 1.1.1 for the EOS 7D Mark II incorporates the following changes:
• Enhances reliability of communications when transferring images using Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7 B.
• Corrects the phenomenon of Err70 which occurs with certain combinations of settings.
• Corrects the phenomenon in which in very rare cases the shutter can no longer be released.
• Enhances reliability of operations for specific custom function settings.