- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video at 30/24 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity NFC
- Hybrid CMOS AF II, 49-Point System
- Up to 4.6 fps and Expandable ISO 25600
- Creative Assist and Self Portrait Mode
Now it is official. The Canon EOS M10 has been announced. The M10 will be available in November 2015, pre-orders are available.
- Canon EOS M10 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Lens – Black – $599 – Adorama | B&H Photo
- Canon EOS M10 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Lens – Silver – $599 – Adorama | B&H Photo
- Canon EOS M10 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM and EF-M 55-200mm IS STM lenses – Black – $849 – Adorama | B&H Photo
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens – Black – $299 – Adorama | B&H Photo
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens – Silver – $299 – B&H Photo
- Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens – Silver – $349 – B&H Photo
New EOS M10 Digital Camera Puts Imaging Power And Convenience Into The Hands Of The Social Media Generation
Compact Addition to the EOS M-Series of Cameras Is Flexible, Stylish and Fun With an Emphasis on Connectivity
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 13, 2015 – For capturing and sharing life’s important moments with great clarity, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the EOS M10 interchangeable lens digital camera. A compact and stylish design, the EOS M10 camera has the features and lens options to help photographers expand their creativity and the mobile compatibility and size for social-sharers to stay connected with sharp images that are sure to draw ‘Likes’.
Adding to its compact design, the EOS M10 camera is fitted with a new retractable EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM lens, that shortens and locks into a compact size when not in use. This retractable Canon interchangeable lens provides outstanding image quality that helps the EOS M10 camera remain small and lightweight to go with you anywhere.
For those “selfie” moments that can’t be missed, the EOS M10 camera’s three-inch screen tilts up 180 degrees to help make sure everyone is in the shot. The touch panel LCD screen also lets users browse images and navigate menus with ease. The camera’s Creative Assist mode makes it easy to adjust settings and add effects such as brightness, background blur, vividness of color, contrast, warmth and filter effects to create share-worthy images on the go – letting you stylize your photos and capture the moment just as you want. And, to help everyone look their selfie-best, the Self Portrait mode adjusts camera effects and settings to enhance skin smoothness and brightness.
“This is the camera for the social media generation, including those who love to take and share high-quality photos and video while on the go. It will help them make the transition to a dedicated, high-quality digital camera, because of its mobile compatibility and creative options,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc.
The built-in Near Field Communication (NFC) functionality of the EOS M10 camera is compatible with most current Android™devices** for easy setup of Wi-Fi® communication, and the camera’s Mobile Device Connect Button supports wireless connectivity with IOS® and Android™ devices. The EOS M10 camera also supports wireless remote control featuring live view in compatible Apple® and Android devices using Canon’s free Camera Connect app***, available through the Apple App Store and Google Play™ store.
The EOS M10 camera is fully compatible with Canon’s Connect Station CS100, a home hub device that provides a fast and easy way to store photos and videos from the camera as well as view them on the living room TV, transfer them to social media networks and share them with other linked Connect Station CS100 devices, for an added level of sharing.
The EOS M10 camera is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in November 2015, and will be offered in a kit with the EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens at an estimated retail price of $599.99. The camera body is available in black or white, and will also be available in gray exclusively through the Canon Online store at http://shop.usa.canon.com/.
In addition, the new EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $299.99 and a silver version of the current EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM zoom lens also is scheduled to be available in November 2015 at an estimated retail price of $349.99.
Canon EOS M10 Digital Camera Specifications Summary:
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H:25600)
- Canon DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Hybrid CMOS AF II for accurate autofocus along with maximum continuous shooting speeds up to 4.6 fps
- 3.0-inch tilt-type (180º up) LCD monitor (approximately 1,040,000 dots)
- Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format
- Self Portrait mode to adjust camera effects, including skin smoothness and brightness* Compatible with all EF-M lenses as well as full line of EF and EF-S lenses*
- Compact size at just 4.2 x 2.6 x 1.3 inches, and just over 10.5 ounces (including battery and memory card)
- Built-in retractable flash
- Built in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication) plus Mobile Device Connect Button
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2014† and is one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company’s RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rssand follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
* Mount Adapter EF-EOS M (an optional accessory) is required for use with EF and EF-S lenses.
** Compatible with Android devices versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1.
*** Compatible with iOS versions 7.1/8.4, Android smartphone versions 2.3.3/4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1 and Android tablet versions 4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0/5.1. Data charges may apply with the download of the free Canon Camera Connect app. This app helps you to upload images to social media services. Please note that image files may contain personally identifiable information that may be subject to privacy laws. Canon disclaims and has no responsibility for your use of such images. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this app.