Again, a Canon EOS R5 Mark II rumor. Again, the alleged release date has changed.…
Lawrence from EOS-M World wrote to Canon UK to ask if Canon will release a body only option of the EOS M3. Canon UK answered (emphasis mine):
Thank you for your request and for contacting Canon.
In response to your enquiry whether the Canon EOS M3 will be released as a body only version, we can advise you the following.
We regret to inform you that at the moment the Canon EOS M3 will only be available in a kit with the 18-55mm lens. The European release date will be April 2015. This will also be the only available kit, thus there are no kits with added items such as the viewfinder.
These are disappointing news. And, if true, it could easily be that the EOS M3 will not be available as body only option in all of Europe. I have four EF-M lenses and just want to buy the body. On the other hand, it could also be that Canon UK got mistaken (let’s hope). I can’t see the point of not selling the EOS M3 as a body only option.
The new Canon EOS M3 with EF-M 18-55mm IS STM lens can be pre-ordered in Europe:
You can also pre-order the M3 at at DigitalRev (ships internationally). DigitalRev’s price at checkout is inclusive of all taxes and customs for customers from Asia and the EU, for customers from the US taxes depend by the state.
Detailed M3 specification can be read here. A round-up of hands-on and previews:
- Size comparison with the EOS M at Camera Size
- Canon Japan page about the Creative Assist feature
- Sample pictures at Canon UK
- EOS M3 page at Canon Europe
- EOS M3 page at CPN
- Lots of product pics here (Japanese)
- Hands-on at Trusted Reviews
- Preview at C|Net
- Preview at Pocket-lint
- Hands-on at Quesabesde (Spanish)
- Hands-on at What Digital Camera
- Hands-on at Photography Blog
- Product pictures and size comparison with M2 at Kakaku (Japanese)
- First independent sample pics.
- Hands-on in Italian