Camera Labs posted an exhaustive review of Canon’s EOS M3 mirrorless camera. Lots of sample videos and pics included.
From the conclusion:
At a time when many new cameras represent very minor updates over their predecessors, it’s refreshing to discover just how much Canon has improved on the EOS M3. Pick it up and you’ll notice the chunkier and more comfortable grip straightaway. Start setting-up the camera and you’ll appreciate the presence of dedicated mode and exposure compensation dials, along with three customizable buttons. During composition you’ll appreciate the convenience of a screen that now tilts 45 degrees down or up by 180 degrees to face you for selfies or filming pieces to camera. Prefer to compose with a viewfinder? You can now slot one onto the hotshoe. Need more light? There’s now a popup flash. Half-press the shutter release and you’ll notice the focusing is faster than before. Fancy sharing an image? Wifi with NFC makes it a doddle and once you get your photos on a bigger screen you’ll also notice they’re packed with detail and low noise.
Read the review at Camera Labs –>
Canon EOS M3 now shipping!
The EOS M3 is not on sale in the US, and is available in Europe only as kit with the EF-M 18-55mm IS STM lens (Amazon Italy, Amazon Germany, Amazon UK). You can order the M3 also at DigitalRev (ships internationally). DigitalRev’s price at checkout is inclusive of all taxes and customs for customers from Asia and the EU (and possibly a better price than Amazon), for customers from the US, taxes depend by the state. Detailed M3 specification can be read here.
- 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Hybrid CMOS AF III
- Powerful DIGIC 6 processing
- 3.0 inch (1040k) ClearView II Tilt Touchscreen
- 49 Point AF & 4.2 fps continuous shooting
- Scene Intelligent Auto
- Stunning 1080p movies at 24, 25 and 30 fps
- Creative Assist
- Wi-Fi, Dynamic NFC, remote control and sharing
A round-up of hands-on and previews after the break.
- Size comparison with the EOS M at Camera Size
- Canon Japan page about the Creative Assist feature
- Sample pictures at Canon UK
- EOS M3 page at Canon Europe
- EOS M3 page at CPN
- Lots of product pics here (Japanese)
- Hands-on at Trusted Reviews
- Preview at C|Net
- Preview at Pocket-lint
- Hands-on at Quesabesde (Spanish)
- Hands-on at What Digital Camera
- Hands-on at Photography Blog
- Product pictures and size comparison with M2 at Kakaku (Japanese)
- First independent sample pics.
- Hands-on in Italian