Some new bits about the Canon EOS R100, an upcoming entry level Canon mirrorless camera…
Images and specifications of the upcoming Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera leaked at Digicame-Info.
- Sensor: 24.2 million pixel APS-C CMOS
- Dual Pixel AF
- Touch AF (you can select AF point on the touchscreen while looking through the viewfinder)
- DIGIC 7
- ISO 100-25600
- Video: FullHD 60fps
- Dynamic NFC, Bluetooth built-in
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card
- Large tilting LCD monitor
- Fast Start-Up
- 5-axis electronic image stabilization (IBIS?)
- Size: 115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6 mm
- Weight: 427g
As you can see most of the rumoured specs happened to be real, included Dual Pixel AF (we reported). Basically, this appears to be a Canon EOS 80D without the mirror etc. The Canon EOS M5 appears to be slightly smaller and a bit heavier than a Rebel.
And what about “5-axis electronic image stabilization“? This sounds very much like IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) to me. May the Canon EOS M5 have such a technology? Update: it has electronic IBIS.
Well, Canon eventually build the killer-MILC we were all waiting for. The fact that Dual Pixel AF is on board will make a huge difference. We expect Canon to announce the EOS M5 on September 15th. The EOS M5 will go on sale with the following options:
- M5 body
- M5 with EF-M 15-45mm kit
- M5 with EF-M 18-150mm kit
So, what do you think? Is this the enthusiast-oriented Canon mirrorless camera that will destroy the competition? Sound off in the comment section…