Good to see that Canon makes achievements in domains that are not related to imaging…
PhotoReview Australia published the first full review of the Canon G1 X.
Rating (out of 10):
- Build: 9.0
- Ease of use: 8.8
- Autofocusing: 8.0
- Still image quality: JPEG – 9.0; RAW – 9.5
- Video quality: 9.0
- OVERALL: 9.0
They suggest to…
Buy this camera if:
– You want a compact digital camera with DSLR-like controls.
– You’re interested in shooting raw files.
– You want effective image stabilisation for stills and video clips.
– You require high resolution and low noise levels at high ISO settings.
– You’d like the ability to shoot HD video clips.
Don’t buy this camera if:
– You will only shoot JPEG files.
– You require high burst speeds and buffer capacity plus fast cycle times for processing shots.
Check this links for pre-ordering the Canon G1 X:
- Amazon US (click here) release date March 31, 2012, free shipping
- Adorama (click here) no release date, free shipping
- B&H (click here) no release date, free shipping
- J&R (click here) no release date