Here is an interesting Canon patent: a mechanism to protect the sensor from dust and…
Here is another Canon patent application (2019-0079269) for two lenses for the Canon RF mount.
From the patent abstract:[expander_maker id=”2″ more=”Click to read the article” less=”Read less”]
Provided is a zoom lens including a plurality of lens units, in which an interval between each pair of adjacent lens units is changed during zooming. The plurality of lens units consist of, in order from an object side to an image side: a first lens unit having a positive refractive power; a second lens unit having a negative refractive power; a third lens unit having a negative refractive power; and a rear lens group including at least one lens unit. An interval between the second lens unit and the third lens unit becomes larger at a telephoto end than at a wide angle end. The third lens unit is moved during focusing. Focal lengths of the second lens unit and the third lens unit, a focal length of the zoom lens at the wide angle end, and a back focus at the wide angle end are appropriately set.
More Canon patent applications are listed here. Some particularly interesting patent applications we think might get into production in the next few years are these:
- Patent application describing the optical formula for a RF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 IS lens for EOS R systems
- Patent application describing how to improve burst rate by compressing raw files
- Patent application describing a new way to review photos from a sequential shot
- Patent application that describes technology to improve wireless communication while reducing power consumption
- Patent application to spot and reduce moire artefacts in image data
- Patent application for weather sealed lens adapter
- Patent application for AI powered predictive camera control system
- Patent application for 18-55mm kit lens with LCD display
- Patent application to reduce noise in image files