It had to come sooner or later, now here it is. The first commercial Canon…
Canon started a microsite for the upcoming Canon EOS R3, along with an update for the camera specs. Canon already announced the EOS R3 but it was a development announcement.
- Autofocus working down to -7.0 EV
- Image stabilisation in lens + In Body Image Stabilisation deliver up to 8 EV
- Head and eye detection have been improved
- Autofocus detects eye, head and body
- Autofous recognizes and tracks cars and motorcycles
- Enhanced tracking for portrait and sports photography
- CFExpress and SD cards
- 4K Log 3 and 4K oversampling
- RAW video internal recording
- Video autofocus follows people, eyes, animals, and motorsports
- Magnesium alloy body with weather sealing comparable to EOS-1D X series
- 5Ghz WiFi
- LP-E19 battery
- New accessories for communication and power
- File transfer supported via LAN and wireless
It’s still unknown what the image sensor resolution will be. So far 45MP have been rumored but I wouldn’t bet on it. All our Canon EOS R3 coverage is listed here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.
Chris and Jordan from DPReview TV already posted a video with their impression about the newly revealed EOS R3 specifications.