After today's leak of a Canon EOS R3 image, we got a set of specifications…
Some bits of information about the long rumored high resolution EOS R5s (moniker from the community not official)
Canon Rumors reports some high resolution EOS R5s specifications:
– Approxamently 90mp sensor
– “Pixel-shift like feature” to add resolution. Total resolution “north of 300mp”.
– Nearly identical body design as the Canon EOS R5.
– Video features are “NOT a focus” of the Canon EOS R5s.
– Image stabilization will be a “slightly different version” than the current RF mount cameras.
– Pricing will be “similar” to the Canon EOS R5.
– Announcement scheduled for Q1 of 2021
The interesting piece in the list above is the “pixel-shift like feature” which is able to raise the resolution to more than 300MP. This feature might be similar to what is featured on the Fujifulm GFX 100.