easyCover Silicone Protection Cover at a glance:
- Protection from Bumps & Scratches
- Provides Secure Grip
- Custom-Fit Silicone Material
- Slim Design & Smooth Texture
- Screen Protector Included
B&H Photo has the easyCover Silicone Protection Covers for Canon EOS R in stock and ready to ship for $29.95. Three options available: camouflage, black and red.
More selected and exclusive deals:
- Canon Europe & UK stores have a cash back promotion going on.
- Today’s Gold Box and one day only deals at Amazon US, Amazon DE, Amazon UK, B&H Photo, eBay, Adorama.
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals to be found here)
- Save $10 on Luminar 3 and/or Aurora HDR 2018 using our code “WATCH” at checkout.
- Get 10% discount on Capture One 12. All you have to do is to use the coupon code “AMBCW” when checking out from Phase One’s web store.
Canon EOS R Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancements and fixes.
1. Support for “continuous shooting” is available when “silent shutter” has been enabled.
2. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur if there is a large number of files in a specific format on the memory card.
3. Corrects a phenomenon in which an error may occur when silent shutter has been enabled.
4. Corrects a phenomenon in which horizontal linear noise may occur when using specific lenses together with certain recording image quality settings.
5. Corrects a phenomenon in which the information displayed in the viewfinder may become abnormal.
As they do every year, the folks at LensVid published their infographic about the photography industry in 2018.
The infographic is based on the information CIPA (the camera and Image Products Association) recently published about the camera industry in 2018.
In 2018 the number of cameras sold went down as we have mentioned by about 24% compared to the previous year – however the amount of money spent worldwide on these far fewer cameras only went down by 4.5% compared to 2017 and even more interestingly while in 2018 we purchased almost 7% less lenses than the year before – we spent 5% more money on buying them.
The bottom line here is simple if this trend continues the photography market will become increasingly smaller and ever more expensive. Think about this as a vicious circle – manufacturers need more money to develop more advanced technologies, but since sales continue to shrink they are forced to raise prices which in turn make it harder for people to buy new gear making the market even smaller and so on and so forth.
When will this cycle end? well, possibly only when the market stabilizes in terms of yearly sales. But at under 20 million cameras sold per year, this just might not be economical for some of the manufacturers to sustain with ever-increasing R&D costs.
Click on the infographic below for a larger version, or get the story at LensVid.
Datacolor debuts SpyderX, a ground-breaking color calibration solution for monitors
Lawrenceville, NJ – (February 11, 2019) – Datacolor®, a global leader in color management solutions, has launched SpyderX, its fastest, most accurate and easiest to use color calibration tool for monitors. The development of SpyderX is testament to Datacolor’s commitment in advancing color management solutions for photographers, videographers and creative specialists worldwide.
SpyderX uses a fully redesigned color engine that provides significantly increased color accuracy and low light capabilities, giving photographers the confidence needed to achieve their creative vision.
BCN published their market share ranking in Japan for 2018 (BCN awards 2019).
Canon rules the market in Japan, as you can see from the image on top. Canon holds 57.4% in the DSLR market, and 31.6% in the mirrorless market. Canon’s success in the mirrorless market comes from the excellent sale figures of the EOS M50, and is also due to the new EOS R full frame mirrorless camera line-up (a new model coming soon). Nikon tops in the compact camera market with 31.5%, closely followed by Canon with 29.8%.
Below you see the ranking for the single categories, compared to previous years ratings.