The rumor is reported by NL. As you probably know, we expect Canon to announce an entry-level full frame DSLR (have a look here too) for Photokina in September 2012. The reported specs basically cover what I already reported before. The information I got in the past were naming an EOS 7D Mark II as the upcoming entry-level full frame camera, while NL is referring to a 6D. Whatever the name will be, I think it can be taken for granted that Canon is indeed working on such a camera (and maybe already testing prototypes), especially if you consider that Nikon is doing the same (there is a leaked image of the cam). ’nuff said, let’s have a look on the leaked specs (I hope this camera comes with a more advanced AF system):
- Two different sensor specs received […] for a ‘cheaper’ FF DSLR.
- One suggests an 18MP sensor and the other 22MP
- Looks like straightforward remodelling of either the 1DX or 5D3 sensors
- Other features:
- Design closer to 7D than 5D3 (smaller and with flash)
- 7D style AF system (19 pt) and VF LCD
- 7D metering
- Single Digic 5+
- 3.9 fps
- 3 inch LCD
- 51200 max ISO
- sub – $2000 price point at introduction
Digicame-info posted what appear to be the real specs of Canon’s mirrorless camera, expected to be announced tomorrow. Looks like the Rebel T4i/650D sensor with its hybrid AF system (auto-focus through phase detection) is featured on the EOS M – good news for all of us that are into video. Hence, it can be assumed to a high degree of certainty that the EOS M will not have the sensor of the PowerShot G1 X: the EOS M most probably has an APS-C sized 18MP sensor, the same (?) as the Rebel T4i/650D. The EOS M will come with two Kit lens, the EF-M22mm STM and the EF-M18-55mm IS STM. The remaining specs below.
– APS-C CMOS sensor 18 million pixels
– The image processing engine DIGIC5
– Hybrid CMOS AF in combination with phase-contrast
– Video Servo AF, Servo AF, AF touch
– The range is equivalent ISO 25600 ISO100-12800, in the expansion
– To 30 seconds shutter speed is 1/4000, bulb, flash sync is 1/200 sec
– Second continuous shooting speed is 4.3 frames /
– 1.04 million dot LCD monitor 3.0-type wide, touch panel
– The media SD / SDHC / SDXC (corresponding UHS-I)
– Video is 1920×1080 30p/25p/24p, 1280×720 60p/50p, 640×480 30p/25p
Method – video compression MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, audio Linear PCM, MOV format
– Available in over 60 species of EF lens mount adapter EF-EOS M
– Hand-held Twilight mode synthesized by the continuous shooting at a shutter speed four with less camera shake
– HDR mode to synthesize three different exposure
– Multi-shot noise reduction function to reduce the noise by combining the four images
– Creative filters
– The size is x 66.5mm (width) 108.6mm (height) x 32.3mm (depth)
– The weight (body only) 262g, (including battery and memory card) 298g
– Kit lens EF-M22mm STM, EF-M18-55mm IS STM
– Comes with a mount adapter and EF-EOS M 90EX Speedlite kit of some
I expect the announcement tomorrow, July 23, around 06-07 AM London time (00:00 EST). Stay tuned as I will provide all the news in real time (pre-order links, specifications, and what ever is out there :-) ).[via Digicame-info]
Thanks to an anonymous reader who sent me this image via email. After the images of the EOS M, the new EF-M 22mm f/2 STM lens and the also new, Image Stabilized EF-M 18-55mm lens, we are able to provide an image of the external flash for Canon’s soon-to-be-announced (Monday, July 23rd) mirrorless system camera.
Stay tuned on Monday: I will cover the announcement, expected for 6-7 AM London time, providing all the new and information.
On top you can see the first picture ever posted of the new 18-55mm lens for the new Canon EOS M mirrorless system camera. It is also a confirmation that we are talking about a mirrorless camera with APS-C sensor.
Stay tuned on CanonWatch! The final Canon announcement is scheduled for next Monday at 6-7am London time! Be sure to be online at CanonWatch! We will blog live giving you all updates about news and reviews!
P.S: More pictures here (Click on them to view the full size version).
More images of Canon’s mirrorless camera (EOS M) and the new EF-M 22mm f/2 STM lens , expected to be announced on Monday July 23. From the picture of the lens (below) you can see that it has a minimum focusing distance of 0.15m/0.48ft (macro). There are still no exact specifications regarding the camera. We know it has a new mount type (EF-M) and for the the being the most accredited rumors are saying it will have an APS-C sensor (still not sure about that). It’s around the corner! :-)
[Images first shown on CR]