I got another rumor (thanks) stating that Canon will use Sony sensors in their upcoming DSLRs. The source didn’t explicitly mention the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R but the reference seems clear.
I do not think we will immediately know the answer on Friday 6th, when Canon will announce the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R, and more gear.
About our rumor rating:
- CW1 – probably fake rumor, not reliable
- CW2 – rumor from an unknown/new source, but otherwise at least a plausible rumor
- CW3 – a 50% chance to be real, coming from a known source, or from new source with good insight in Canon’s business
- CW4 – rumor from a known source that was right in the past
- CW5 – as good as certain to be true