We got an interesting tip (thanks) about a Canon 8K camera with a Super 35mm…
We know that Canon will announce the EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R next week – but what’s going on with the EOS 5D Mark IV?
Northlight Images says they have been told that the EOS 5D Mark IV will be announced in August. The EOS 5D Mark IV is said to come with improved video and still performance and features, and with just a modest increase in resolution.
As we reported first, the EOS 5D Mark IV will most probably have 4k video recording. This will be a DSLR oriented to the sport, action and event photographers. I am sure the EOS 5D Mark IV will push Canon already exceptional low-light performance to new boundaries.
About our rumor rating:
- CW1 – probably fake rumor, not reliable
- CW2 – rumor from an unknown/new source, but otherwise at least a plausible rumor
- CW3 – a 50% chance to be real, coming from a known source, or from new source with good insight in Canon’s business
- CW4 – rumor from a known source that was right in the past
- CW5 – as good as certain to be true