I do not know this guy but with this decision he seems very clever to…
Another great photo editing software deal. Save 40% on Capture One Pro 21 (Mac and Windows).
At a glance:
- Image Processing and Raw File Conversion
- Instant Tethered Capture and Live View
- Basic Color Editor, Scrolling Tools
- Updated HDR, Noise Reduction, Crop Tools
- Layered Workflow and Annotations
- Luminosity, Gradient, and Radial Masks
- Catalogs and Sessions, DNG File Support
- Third-Party Plug-In Support
- Over 500 Cameras & Raw Files Supported
- For macOS 11/10.13 and Windows 10/8.1
B&H Photo has Capture One Pro 21 on sale at $179.Compare at regular $299.
Curated and selected Black Friday deals:
- All selected Black Friday deals
- Save really big on DxO photo editing software, with a 50% discount
- Save on Skylum Luminar NEO and Luminar AI
- Peak Design products have solid discounts, check them at B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon US
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Park Cameras UK | Canon UK
Capture One Pro 21 is an advanced and comprehensive photo workflow tool suiting a variety of applications from photo editing to tethering to asset management and organization needs. Version 21 of this esteemed software sees updates to core editing tools, including a Basic Color Editor, for a more streamlined and faster editing workflow. A dedicated High Dynamic Range function helps to achieve improved shadow and highlight response, while enhanced Noise Reduction affords cleaner, clearer results for working with imagery shot at high ISO values. Faster editing is possible with an updated scrollable interface along with a “switch to next” function for quicker culling and sorting of files. This version also now supports DNG files and has updated keyboard shortcuts, the ability to copy both layers and masks between files, and an even cleaner interface for a more enjoyable working experience.
Balancing the slew of additions, Capture One Pro 21 still maintains its vast existing set of editing and production features, including the ability to work with either Catalogs or Sessions types of organization, configurable and sortable keywords, compatibility with more than 500 individual cameras and raw file types, and rich metadata editing capabilities. For fine-tuned editing, a range of curves and color tools can be used in both global and local methods, as well as reap the benefits of working with full raw color data. When saving files for the web, a refined re-scaling engine works to maintain the original file’s sharpness and clarity at smaller resized resolutions. Additionally, benefitting photographers working among a team or with other editors, both Catalogs and Sessions can also be exported as convenient EIP files for simplified sharing of imagery.
Capture One Pro 21
- Style Brushes are new concept in Capture One that allows applying local adjustments directly on the image without having to create a Layer and specify the adjustments manually.
- Dedicated Healing Tool lets you simply brush over elements in an image to automatically repair them.
- Review edits with a single click using the Before/After tool, which can be used either in full view or split screen, to instantly compare your edited version against the original raw file.
- Updated on-boarding dialogue offers a step-by-step guide to customizing the program’s interface at launch and, helping to become familiar with the application, you can import sample raw files and a sample Catalog to get up and running.
- Intuitive Adobe Lightroom importer lets you move Lightroom Catalogs directly into Capture One while maintaining basic image adjustments and folder structures without risking the original files.
- Basic Color Editor is a simple editing function for enhancing the hue, saturation, and lightness of any color in an image. By clicking on an area of the image, intuitive sliders reveal an easy means for adjusting the HSL properties for that specific color. An Advanced Color Editor and dedicated Skin Tone tools also provide even greater control over.
- High Dynamic Range tool affords increased control over contrast and tone for recovering highlights, brightening shadows, and refining the mid-tones.
- Enhanced Noise Reduction offers improved color and detail retention to suit images shot with even higher ISO values.
- Faster editing is possible by quickly scrolling through all of the tools and pinning the most oft-used tools to the top for faster access.
- Updated Crop tool is easier to use with larger handles and a series of modifier keys can be used to lock in specific aspect ratios.
- DNG file support further broadens the range of compatible cameras.
- Both layers and masks can be copied between photos, regardless of varying sizes or formats, without the need to replace existing layers of the destination photo.
- Interface updates include added text to tool icons, a simplified adjustments clipboard, higher resolution thumbnails, and the ability to adjust the viewer background color with a single click.
- A “switch to next” function has been added to greatly expedite the process of sorting and rating images; after adding a label, tag, or rating to a file, the next image will automatically appear.
- Updated default keyboard shortcuts for zoom, full screen, Focus Mask, and other tools help to expedite the editing process. Additionally, shortcuts can also be customized for a more personalized configuration.
Native Apple M1 Support with Version 14.2
This new version of Capture One is free to download for existing users on Capture One 21 and provides seamless integration with Apple M1 processor based products.
Sort images directly in the importer for fast manual culling. The Import Viewer provides image previewing with ultra-fast performance and zero waiting time when switching between images.
Image Editing and Layers
Emphasizing image quality and editing control, numerous editing tools are available to preserve, recover, and optimize all of the desired information from your raw files.
- Ideal for making precise local adjustments, up to 16 different Layers can be used on an image along with different brush options and opacity adjustments for controlled masking. Layer opacity can be adjusted to fine-tune your results, and editing controls also fully support the use of Wacom tablets.
- Luminosity Masks help in making selections of areas based on their lightness for applying an even effect to a specific luminosity, such as using shadow recovery only in the darkest shadows or clarity only in the highlights.
- Gradient Masks are used to produce smooth gradients on a layer in order to achieve soft gradations and transitions, similar to a graduated neutral density filter.
- Radial Masks can be used to create round masks with soft edges and are perfect for producing vignetting effects or adjusting focus and selective softness.
- Helping to improve contrast and definition, Clarity is a tool that enhances local and micro contrast values without destroying highlight and shadow details while Structure helps to add definition to fine details.
- Healing and Cloning processes can be used in conjunction with layers by creating specific layers to remove unwanted elements from your image. A Heal Layer blends with the surroundings of the targeted area while a Clone Layer will specifically clone in a source area to the targeted area.
- Shadow and Highlight Recovery tools help to maintain a long tonal scale with rich, natural colors and a longer apparent dynamic range.
- Styles and Presets can be applied to images to achieve a consistent and controlled look, ranging from built-in styles packs to custom-built presets to imported third-party styles.
- In addition to traditional RGB and individual color curves, there is also a Luma Curve for adjusting luminosity values without affecting hue and saturation. Additional curves can also be used to fine-tune the look of your file, including Film Curves for producing distinct effects.
- Feather Mask allows you to easily soften the edges of a mask after drawing it and avoids the need to redraw masks using of a slider to control feathering. Alternatively, there is also a Refine Edge feature for making more precise edges in a mask, such as when picking out hair against a background, and it can be used in conjunction with Auto Mask for a fast and powerful mask-making tool.
- When making a mask, switching to Gray Scale mode can help reduce distractions caused by color and allow for more precise selections.
- Work seamlessly without touching a slider, by holding down selected hotkeys and scrolling, dragging, or using the arrow keys to make rapid edits. Adjust multiple photos at once for fast batch editing.
- Eliminate image haze and reduce flatness with one single slider. The powerful new Dehaze tool automatically adjusts contrast, saturation, and other elements in flat photos.
- ProStandard camera profiles preserve and protect original camera colors from changes caused by contrast, useful in any portrait photography, product photography, or any image that relies on authentic color. Available for select cameras.