Canon released a firmware update for the venerable Canon EOS-1D X Mark III. Canon EOS-1D…
Canon released a new firmware for the EOS R3, version 1.4.1.
This firmware includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- Compatible with Speedlite EL-5.
*It is not compatible with the automatic dimming function of the AF auxiliary light.
- Added [Registered people priority] to the menu. Pre-registered people can now be preferentially detected and tracked.
* The effect may not be obtained depending on the shooting environment and the scene where the subject is moving, when the face is small, oblique face/side profile, part of the face is hidden.
- [Save/load communication settings to card] has been added to the menu. Network settings can now be inherited between cameras of the same model.
- [Panning Assist] has been added to the menu. When panning with a compatible lens, “camera shake correction” and “subject blur correction” are performed during exposure.
- Shortened the time it takes for the AWB results to be reflected in the viewfinder when looking through the viewfinder with the auto white balance (AWB) setting.
- “Image protection” for FTP transfer has been added to the menu. Images transferred by FTP can now be automatically protected. This makes it possible to determine whether or not the image has been FTP-transferred.
- After updating to firmware version 1.4.0, the phenomenon that Err70 may occur under certain conditions in combination with some EF lenses has been corrected.
- After updating to firmware version 1.4.0, when using the electronic shutter for high-speed continuous shooting, the phenomenon that the original tracking performance of Servo AF may not be obtained depending on the shooting conditions has been corrected.
- Fixed minor bugs.
You can already download Canon EOS R3 firmware 1.4.1 from Canon Japan (scroll to the bottom).