Two days after the Canon EOS R3 announcement and already Canon tells us they have…
There are photographers testing the Canon EOS R3 at the Tokyo Olimpics. Here is a sample to see how a 30fps photo burst looks.
Skateboarder and photographer Atiba Jefferson, also a Canon Explorer of Light, is one of those who are lucky enough to have the chance to play around with the Canon EOS R3. He shared a sequence show with 30fps on his Instagram. And no, it’s not a video. It’s a 30fps burst. Amazing.
Not bad, eh? This is going to be a killer camera that will annihilate all the competitors.
The resolution of the upcoming EOS R3 appears to be sure now: it’s 24MP. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.