It's real. Nikon is going to release a new mirrorless camera in the Z lineup.…
While we are waiting to learn more about Canon’s upcoming full frame mirrorless camera, we have some leaks about Nikon’s to discuss. May also give us a glimpse about what Canon has on their agenda.
Nikon Rumors reports these specifications:
- Two mirrorless cameras: one with 24-25MP and one with 45MP (48MP is also a possibility).
- Similar body size to the Sony a7 camera but with better ergonomics and a better grip.
- 5-axis in-body stabilization
- New mirrorless mount.
- The new mirrorless mount will allow for f/0.95 lenses
- Memory cards: XQD and CF Express
- EVF resolution: 3.6MP
- Initially, three lenses will be announced: 24-70mm, 35mm and 50mm (the 35 and 50mm could be f/1.4). There is also talk about a 24mm, but it may come later.
- The 45MP model will be around $4,000/€4,000 in a kit with the 24-70mm lens.
- The 25MP model will be under $3,000/€3,000 (also with a lens).
- The official announcement is rumored for the end of July (on or around July 23rd) and shipping shortly after (August 23rd).
As you can see, a new mount type is rumored for Nikon as well as for Canon. We are a bit skeptical about an end of July announcement. Does Nikon want to be there before Canon? In such a scenario, we might think Canon will follow soon with the announcement of their full frame mirrorless camera.
Exciting times, more to come…