The old Canon EOS R5 polemics are getting a heads up from a Canon exec.…
Samyang aka Rokinon announced a new lens for the Canon EF and EF-M mount, the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II.
- Canon EF/EF-M-Mount
- 136mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/22
- One Hybrid Aspherical Element
Description Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II for EF-M mount:
An apt telephoto prime for portraiture and other selective compositions, the Canon EF-M-mount Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 Series II Lens is characterized by its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture to suit working in low-light conditions and for controlling depth of field. The optical design incorporates one hybrid aspherical element that helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity. The manual focus design permits working with subjects as close as 3.6′ away and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Telephoto prime is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-M-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture offers a high degree of control over depth of field for working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques. Additionally, it also benefits working in low-light conditions with shorter shutter speeds.
- One hybrid aspherical element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for improved clarity and sharpness throughout the aperture range.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 3.6′ away and an internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-sealed design suits working in inclement weather conditions.