An image of the upcoming Canon Speedlite 470EX-AI leaked at Nokishita. We expect the announcement soon.
A few weeks ago some new and unreleased Canon gear was spotted through the registration at a certification authority. Among these gear was a flash. A new rumor states this new Speedlite is
[…] geared towards smaller cameras and mirrorless shooters, but give prosumer level features
I assume a flash geared towards MILCs means a flash with a small form factor.
Apparently this flash was already scheduled to get announced Summer 2017. For unknown reasons it has been delayed. The announcement may happen in January or February 2018, along with the also recently spotted EOS M50, Canon’s upcoming new entry in the EOS M family, and a camera we know nothing about (so far).
Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT at a glance:
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Radio Transmission
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Zoom Range: 20-200mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts from -7 to +90°
- Rotates Left & Right 180°
- 1.1-1.5x Improved Continuous Shooting
- High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Bounce Adapter & Hard Color Filters
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT after the break.
Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM at a glance:
- World’s lightest macro lens and features Image Stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras.
- World’s first lens with a built-in Macro Lite which, when enabled, automatically supplies light to your photos as needed, helping to provide a better sense of depth and dimension.
- World’s first autofocus lens capable of focusing at infinity in normal shooting and macro shooting with up to 1.2x magnification.
- Hybrid IS helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- One UD lens and two aspherical lensesÃƒ help deliver outstanding results at all zoom settings by reducing chromatic aberration.
- Equivalent to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) for flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes, macro distances and beyond.
- Acute lens top shape helps provide accurate image capture even at short working distances.
Just a bunch of videos to showcase and introduce the new Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens for EOS M system, world’s lightest macro lens with a buit-in LED ring, and Canon’s new flagship flash, the Speedlite 600EX II-RT. Both are available for pre-order and will ship in a few weeks.
The Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM appears to a pretty cool lens. Not only it is very affordable ($299.99) but it also has the totally cool feature of built-in leds. And it is lightweighted (it’s all plastic, even the mount). This lens will soon be part of my EOS M kit!
Canon announced their new Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash and the first macro lens for the EOS M system, the Canon EF-M 28MM f/3.5 MACRO IS STM with built-in LEDs. The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June 2016 for an estimated retail price of $579.99. Canon’s EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June for an estimated retail price of $299.99.
Canon press release:
Accessorize This Spring With The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT Flash And Canon EF-M 28MM f/3.5 MACRO IS STM Lens With Built-In Macro Lites And Image Stabilizer
MELVILLE, N.Y., May 11, 2016 – Spring is all about having the right look and Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is giving photographers of all levels two new options that can improve their creativity and versatility; the Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash and the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens.
Photographers looking to take rapid-fire flash images will appreciate the improved recycling time in the new Canon Speedlite-600EX II-RT flash. Those looking to explore the world of macro photography will appreciate the stylish compact look of the new Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens, the first EF-M Macro Lens for the Canon EOS M Camera System, which features Image Stabilization and a pair of built-in miniature Macro Lites to enhance image quality during close-up photography.
The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash Offers Improved Recycling Time and More
The Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash is compatible with most EOS cameras. It replaces Canon’s top-of-the-line Speedlite 600EX-RT, and improves recycling time by approximately 1.1 to 1.5 times* during continuous flash shooting when using AA batteries and up to 2 times* when adding the new optional Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N.Additional Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash features include:
- Zoom flash head covers wide focal length range of 20–200mm; maximum guide number is 197 ft./60m at ISO 100, making Speedlite 600EX II-RT flash the most powerful flash unit in the EOS system.
- Wireless flash shooting support is available for both radio and optical transmission with compatible Canon Speedlites, offering users greater functional range when using flash.
- Multiple flash system support allows control of up to five groups of compatible Canon Speedlites.
- Dust- and water-resistant body for reliable operation in harsh environments.
- Flash-readiness indicator on the display panel, simplified button and dial operation and variable manual flash output.
- New, specially designed accessories supplied include a built-in bounce adapter, plus SCF-E3 hard-type color filter sets, and a soft case. The new Compact Battery Pack CP-E4N is available as an optional accessory for faster recycling time and more flashes per charge.
- Illuminated dot matrix LCD panel for enhanced display information, including flash mode and usable distance ranges plus C.Fn (Custom Function) and P.Fn (Personal Function) settings.
First Macro Lens in the Canon EF-M lens series
Photographers looking for a compact, lightweight macro lens should look no further than the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens, the first Canon Macro Lens specifically designed for the EOS M Camera System.
The new lens features a pair of built-in miniature Macro Lite electronic flash units that illuminate close-up subjects as needed, helping to freeze movement, enhance color accuracy and provide a better sense of depth and dimension. Two curved flash units surround the front element of the lens, with the ability to illuminate both simultaneously, or one at a time. Users are also able to adjust the brightness of the Macro Lites between “bright” and “dim” settings.
The standard focusing range of the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens extends from infinity to life-size (1 time). Additionally, a Super Macro Mode allows shooting at even higher magnifications up to 1.2 times. This feature allows you to capture smaller details that really make your subjects stand out against the background.
Additional features of the Canon EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens include:
- Hybrid IS, the same feature as found on Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, helps reduce camera shake for enjoyable handheld photography.
- Stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet focusing operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos.
- One UD lens and two aspherical lenses** help deliver outstanding image quality at all distance settings by reducing chromatic and spherical aberrations.
- Angle of view similar to a 45mm standard lens (35mm equivalent) provides flexible image capture of various subjects and scenes at macro distances and beyond.
- Tapered lens top shape makes it easy to capture high-quality images at close range without casting shadows.
The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT electronic flash unit is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June 2016 for an estimated retail price of $579.991. Canon’s EF-M 28mm f/3.5 Macro IS STM lens is scheduled to be available through authorized Canon dealers in June for an estimated retail price of $299.991.
Specification of the upcoming replacement for the Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT surfaced on the web, it’s the Speedlite 600EX II-RT (sorry no pics so far)
- Cover the angle of view of 20mm-200mm
- Guide number is 197ft / 60m (ISO100)
- Continuous emission is 1.5 times faster from 1.1 (CP-E4N 2 times faster at the time of use)
- You can control the flash of up to 5 groups
- Dust and water resistant (weather sealed)
- New design of the accessories group
- Dot matrix type liquid crystal panel of
- 15 types of custom fine action
- 6 types of personal function
- Also it can rotate 180 degrees in either direction
The announcement is a matter of a few days, stay tuned…[via Digicame-Info]