Above: Canon Explorer of Light Challenge: Zak Noyle vs. Onne van der Wal Best memory…
Tamron officially announced their 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC for Canon EOS M system. The first third party auto-focus lens for EOS M (price & specs). And the second new EOS M lens in one week! The other lens is Canon’s own EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens. The Tamron will start to ship June 26 and will sell for $499.
The Tamron comes in 2 color variations, black, and silver, and can be pre-ordered at B&H Photo:
- Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DI II lens for Canon EF-M mount – Black (B&H Photo | Adorama)
- Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DI II lens for Canon EF-M mount – Silver (B&H Photo | Adorama)
- Canon EF-M Mount
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-6.3 to f/22-40
- 29-320mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Low-Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
- Extra-Refractive Elements
- VC Image Stabilization
- Stepping-Motor AF Drive
- Internal Focusing
- Macro-Like Capabilities
- Filter Size: 62mm
Tamron press release after the break.
June 19, 2014,Commack, New York- Tamron USA, Inc. announced the price and delivery of the 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC for Canon mount (Model B011). This lightweight, compact high-power zoom lens, originally released for Sony mount in 2011, is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras with APS-C sized sensors and sports a stylish design and is available in two color options. It will be available in the U.S. starting June 26, 2014 at $499.
- This high-power, 18-200mm, lightweight and compact zoom lens weighing 16.2 ounces with a 62mm filter is designed for mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras. Equipped with Tamron’s acclaimed VC (Vibration Compensation), the lens enables easy handheld shooting from 18mm wide angle to 200mm full telephoto.
- Employing two (Low Dispersion) elements, three Molded-Glass Aspherical elements, one XR (high refractive index) element, and one Hybrid Aspherical element, the lens delivers astounding image quality by reducing aberrations to a bare minimum.
- The lens boasts a striking appearance worthy of mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera designs. The metallic lens barrel exterior is available in two colors: black and silver.
- The lens also has a stepping motor adopted for the AF drive, a construction that accommodates Contrast-detection AF and shooting video. This feature also supports Direct Manual Focus (DMF) function, which allows the user to make fine manual adjustments after initially focusing by AF.
|Max Format size||APS-C (EF-M)|
|Focal length||18–200 mm|
|Image stabilisation||Yes (4 stops claimed)|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M, Sony E (NEX)|
|Maximum aperture||F/3.5 – F/6.3|
|Minimum aperture||F/22.0 – F/40.0|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Elements / Groups||17 / 13||Minimum focus||0.50 m (19.69″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||460 g (1.01 lb)|
|Diameter||68 mm (2.68″)|
|Length||97 mm (3.82″)|
|Materials||Metal barrel, metal mount|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||62 mm|
|Hood product code||flower shaped hood|