It seems that during the G7 in Japan a Canon camera was used that no…
The Canon EOS R3 Sensor Resolution Gets Another Confirmation
We already knew with a reasonable certainty that the Canon EOS R3 imaging sensor would have a resolution of 24MP. It was learned from EXIF data of photos taken at the Tokyo Olympics.
Photos posted to a forum, and the embedded EXIF data, aren’t really a proof for anything. DPReview must have thought. So they spoke “with a photo editor who manages images captured by photographers at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games“. This photo editor confirmed the Canon EOS R3 has a 24MP imaging sensor. This should remove any suspicion the originally leaked EXIF data could have been faked.
We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.