Well, if this didn't come as a surprise. DPReview says goodbye after 25 years of…
The Canon EOS R6 Got C Log 3, Here Is How It Works And How To Set Up
The latest firmware update for the Canon EOS R6 brought C Log 3. See how it works and how to set it up.
Alex Pizarro talks C Log 3 on the Canon EOS R6 in the short video below.
The EOS R6 sports many features shared with the EOS R5, a class leading autofocus system for instance, and the R6 has an imaging sensor derived not less than from the flagship EOS-1D X Mark III. For more Canon EOS R6 review stuff see here. User manuals are available for download for the EOS R5 and the EOS R6.
EOS R6 at a glance:
- 20mp Full-frame CMOS sensor
- Sensor-based image stabilisation (IBIS) – works with any lens
- 3.69m dot electronic viewfinder (EVF), 0.76x magnification
- 3.0inch vari-angle touch-screen, 1.62m dots
- 12 / 20fps continuous shooting (mechanical / electronic)
- ISO100 to ISO102400, Low ISO50, High ISO204800
- 6072 autofocus points/positions
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Face and Eye-AF tracking
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Dual SD card slots
- 4K UHD 60/30/25/24fps
- FullHD High-speed 120/100fps
- HDR FullHD Video
Canon EOS R6:
America: B&H Photo, Adorama, Amazon USA, Amazon Canada, Canon Canada, Canon USA
Europe & UK: Amazon DE, Amazon UK, Amazon IT, Wex Photo Video, Canon DE, Canon UK
The Canon EOS R5 and Canon EOS R6:
Both the EOS R5 and EOS R6 cameras have the ability to capture the action of a variety of fast-moving subjects with impressive accuracy and speed. When using the mechanical shutter, each can shoot up to 12 fps and up to 20 fps when using the completely silent shutter. Both cameras are the first to be outfitted with Canon’s advanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF II which utilizes up to approximately100 percent coverage of the AF area and EOS iTR AF X incorporating AF tracking algorithms using deep learning technology and enhanced readout speed of the CMOS sensor and processing speed thanks to the DIGIC X image processor. The 1,053 automatically selected AF Zones are made even more potent by the ability to detect the human eye, face or head as well as the eye, face or body of animals such as dogs, cats and even birds[i]. Adding to the feature set is the 5-axis In-Body Image Stabilizer, having coordinated control with Optical Image Stabilizer in IS equipped RF lenses. This provides up to 8 stops[ii] of shake correction, a feature that many creators have long asked for from Canon. Both the EOS R5 and R6 cameras come with a new LP-E6NH battery with a higher capacity than the previous model.
The EOS R6 camera is well-equipped with a host of new features to push the limits of creativity for imaging enthusiasts. The combination of the EOS-1D X Mark III based 20.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and the DIGIC X image processor produces an ISO range of 100-102,400 and is expandable to 204,800. Internal video recording at 4K is capable up to 59.94 fps or 1080p up to 119.88 fps in 10 bit 4:2:2 Canon Log(H.265) or HDR PQ(H.265). The camera also features a built-in 0.5-inch OLED EVF with approximately 3.69 million dots and a 119.88 fps refresh rate[vi]. Additional features of the EOS R6 camera include:
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- 3-inch 1.62 million dots vari-angle LCD touch screen
- 2.4GHz Built-in Wi-Fi®[vii] and Bluetooth Technology[viii] with the ability to utilize the image.canon application
- Enhanced operating controls such as rear-dial, multi-controller
- Weather, drip and dust sealing on par with the EOS 6D series