Please note: the original post mentioned the EOS R6 Mark II, that was obviously nonsense…
Only for today (10/24/2022) B&H Photo has a $200 discount on the Lensbaby Burnside 35mm f/2.8, bot for the EF mount and RF mount versions.
- EF & RF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/16
- Dual Diaphragm for Creative Swirly Bokeh
- Effects Slider for Secondary Diaphragm
- Multi-Coated Glass Elements
- Minimum Focus: 6″
- Manual Focus and Exposure Control
- All-Metal Lens Barrel
- Filter Thread: 62mm
And here are the links to the lenses:
- Lensbaby Burnside 35mm f/2.8 for EF mount – $299.95
- Lensbaby Burnside 35mm f/2.8 for RF mount – 299.95
More selected deals:
- Get Excire Foto (AI powered photo managment) with 15% discount by using code “canonwatch” at checkout
- Get Luminar NEO with a $10 discount, by using code “WATCH” at checkout
- USA: Canon USA | B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon US
- Germany: Amazon Germany | Calumet Photo | Canon Germany
- UK: Amazon UK | Canon UK
- Refurbished lenses and DSLRs at Canon Store (best deals might be found here)
Lensbaby Burnside 35mm f/2.8 Overview
A unique lens characterized by its swirly bokeh, the Burnside 35 from Lensbaby is a 35mm f/2.8 prime for Canon RF-mount cameras. Featuring two separate diaphragms, an extensive amount of control over selective focus and bokeh quality is possible, with the ability to work with large in-focus areas or smaller in-focus areas surrounded by a distinct out-of-focus swirl. The six elements, four groups optical design also contributes to the unique look, and each of the glass elements have been multi-coated to control flare and ghosting in order to realize high contrast and accurate color rendering. In addition to fully manual exposure control, the lens also requires manual focus operation and has a minimum focusing distance of 6″ for working with close-up subjects.
General wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
Unique optical design features six multi-coated elements in four groups and is designed to produce imagery with a large area of central sharpness surrounded by distinct, swirly bokeh and pronounced vignetting.
Dual diaphragm design incorporates a primary six-blade diaphragm to control exposure and to introduce the desired amount of swirly out of focus in the image, with larger apertures producing the smallest in-focus area and most swirl and smaller apertures producing a larger in-focus area with minimal swirl.
Secondary eight-blade diaphragm can be adjusted using the bronze effect slider on the side of the lens barrel, and is used to control the amount of vignetting as well as the quality of the bokeh in the out-of-focus areas of the image. When wide open, the swirl quality will be softer and when closed down, there will be greater detail in the swirl and more vignetting will be apparent.
Manual focus design with a smooth, dampened focusing movement is complemented by engraved focus distance indicators.