The first image of the new Canon EOS M3 leaked at digicame-info.
According to the image, the EOS M3 has more manual control dials than the EOS M/M2. You can also see that the grip has become bigger. The EOS M3 doesn’t have much similarities with its siblings. Looks like a more pro oriented mirrorless camera. The EOS M3 will be announced Friday, February 6th.
Well, it’s just one image – but it looks damned good! Could this be Canon’s first pro-oriented MILC? What do you think?[via digicame-info]
UPDATE: thanks to reader mirrorless too we have another image to show:
Sydney, Australia, 4 February 2015 – The new PIXMA PRO-100S and PIXMA PRO-10S replace Canon’s existing PRO-100 and PRO-10 printers retrospectively and deliver a whole host of connectivity options to allow you to easily print and bring your creations to life in stunning detail.
Ideal for professional photographers, the new PIXMA PRO’s are not only equipped with enhanced solutions and abilities but also offers high image quality printing for the professional photographer.
The PIXMA PRO-100S uses 8 dye-based inks to produce vibrant, high quality prints up to A3+ in size at fast speeds. The PIXMA PRO-10S meanwhile, features a pigment ink system using 10 individual colour inks, complete with Chroma Optimiser, for stunning quality prints with high black density and increased longevity.
Canon’s latest PIXMA PRO printers also allow you to connect and print with ease. Whether you need to print from cloud storage services such as DropBox™, Flickr™ Facebook™, Google Drive and One Drive, direct from Canon’s PIXMA Cloud Link, or set up to print via Wi-Fi, Ethernet, PictBridge or via mobiles or tablets, the choice is yours.
PIXMA PRO-100S and PIXMA PRO-10S are also compatible with Canon’s new Pro Gallery Print app, which allows you to connect to cloud photo and video hosting services Zenfolio and SmugMug from your tablet, so that you can print your work in exceptional quality and ensure they are showcased in all their magnitude.
PIXMA PRO-100s and PIXMA PRO-10s key features:
– Exceptional quality colour & monochrome prints
– Simplified workflow & professional colour control
– Print speeds to enhance your productivity
The PIXMA PRO-100s and PIXMA PRO-10s are available nationwide now.
Canon press release:
Canon puts connectivity at the centre of its latest home office multi-functional printer, the PIXMA MX495
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 03 February 2015 – Canon today announces an update to its PIXMA printer range with the launch of the PIXMA MX495. Designed for home office use, it replaces the MX395 and offers a full suite of connectivity features, from Wi-Fi, to support for Canon’s enhanced PIXMA Cloud Link, all in a compact multi-function inkjet device. The introduction of the PIXMA MX495 ensures that Canon’s wide range of connectivity options are available at every level of the range.
The MX495 is an All-In-One device that delivers print, copy, scan and fax functionality and is designed to be affordable as well as intuitive, featuring built-in Wi-Fi and Cloud connectivity.The integrated Wi-Fi allows the MX495 to be shared between multiple PCs, laptops and wireless devices around the home and office, whether users are looking to print documents, PDFs, emails or presentations for work, homework projects, or a special photo to display in the home. Compatibility with Apple AirPrint™ and Google CloudPrint™, as well as the PIXMA Printing Solutions app, which can be easily downloaded for free from the Apple store or Google Play store, means that whatever connected device users rely on in the home or for work, there is a way to easily connect to a printer and print.
In addition, the MX495 connects to Canon’s PIXMA Cloud link, which enables documents and images to be printed from cloud services such as GoogleDrive™, Dropbox™, Facebook™ and OneDrive™, direct from the printer itself. Users can also scan JPEGs and PDFs and save directly to cloud accounts or smart devices via the PIXMA Printing Solutions app, or scan and send important work documents via email as attachments. The MX495 also supports Access Point Mode, which allows smartphones and tablets to be connected to the printer without the need for an internet connection.
As with other models from Canon’s PIXMA range, the MX495 also features access to Canon’s My Image Garden¹ software, which combines all software previously available for Canon PIXMA products into one single easy-to-use interface, enabling quick and fluid navigation between printing and scanning functions. In addition, the Easy-PhotoPrint+ software, available via the PIXMA Printing Solutions app, also includes image templates, greeting cards and calendars that can be enhanced with photos, to be easily printed and shared with family or friends.
PIXMA MX495 key features:
- FINE cartridge with 2pl ink droplets and up to 4800 dpi print resolution
- ISO ESAT: 8.8ipm (Mono) 4.4ipm (Colour)
- Optional XL cartridges
- Wi-Fi connectivity & Access Point Mode
- PIXMA Printing Solutions app
- Apple AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™ compatibility
- PIXMA Cloud Link (PRINT & SCAN)
- Scan to email
Pricing and Availability
The PIXMA MX495 will be available across the UK and Ireland from February 2015 with an SRP of £69.99/€84.99.
Venus Optics, a new Chinese manufacturer of camera lenses, just recently launched the world’s first 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro lens.
- Magnification range from 0.1x to 2x. Easily alter the magnification ratio without installing any extension tube or teleconverter. Ideally suited for rapidly changing macro photography scenarios.
- Wide magnification range also makes it extremely useful for shooting macro objects (e.g. insects) with different sizes.
- Designed also for normal shooting purposes with a 60mm focal length. An all-in-one solution for normal portrait shooting as well as ultra-macro photography.
- Houses with 9 elements in 7 groups patented optical structure to provide great deal of image clarity and color renderness.
- The optical system consists of 2 major moving lenses groups in order to minimize the barrel distortion.
- 14 pieces of aperture blades form a close-to-circular aperture, capable of creating creamy shallow depth of view.
- The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability.
- A complimentary lens pouch and filter are included in the package.
- Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony Alpha and Pentax K mount are available
[he is] amazed by the amount of detail [he] can pull out of this lens. [he] can focus on anything from a landscape to a portrait, down to a detail, down to a portrait of a jumping spider.