Still having doubts about how shitty the rumor industry is? A few days ago, a…
Canon Ambassador and renowned wild life photographer Andy Rouse teased a yet unreleased Canon camera on Twitter and Instagram.
In a post on Twitter he says he is “using some new kit. No questions yet as [he] won’t answer!!!“
In another post on Instagram (below) he mentions a camera doing 30fps when he “had to take the motor drive speed down from 30 fps to 5fps as I was taking too many sharp shots“.
What camera is Andy Rouse referring to? If he is alluding to a yet unreleased Canon camera, and we think it’s likely he does, there a few possibilities:
- It’s the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III, already rumored to undergo field testing. Canon Ambassadors are for sure among the people who might test the EOS-1D X Mark III. The EOS-1D X Mark II does 16fps in Live View. Is the replacement almost doubling the fps?
- It’s the next Canon APS-C flagship, i.e. the replacement for the EOS Canon EOS Canon EOS 80D and/or EOS 7D Mark II (there might be one camera to replace both). But an APS-C DSLR doing 30fps? Seems a bit of a stretch.
- It’s a new full frame mirrorless camera in the EOS R lineup. A very sports or generally pro oriented EOS R model. Don’t think Canon might already put such a camera on the market. We expect Canon to announce a high resolution EOS R next.
- It’s totally new camera in a new lineup we never heard anything about. It’s just possible.
- It’s a camera from another company.
I don’t see other options.
What do you think?
Which camera is Andy Rouse mentioning on Instagram?
- The Canon EOS-1D X Mark III (37%, 86 Votes)
- A new Canon EOS R camera (27%, 61 Votes)
- A camera made by another company (21%, 49 Votes)
- The Canon EOS 90D/EOS 7D Mark III (11%, 25 Votes)
- A completely new camera in a new lineup (4%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 230