I do not know this guy but with this decision he seems very clever to…
Canon appears to be the undisputed mirrorless market leader in Japan. That’s what the latest BCN report suggests.
According to the aggregate data from January 1st to March 30th, 2022, Canon ranks in the first three positions of mirrorless market shares in Japan:
- Canon EOS Kiss M2 Double Zoom Kit White
- Canon EOS Kiss M2 Double Zoom Kit Black
- Canon EOS RP / RF24-105 IS STM Lens Kit
- Sony α6100 Double Zoom Lens Kit Black
- Sony α7 IV
- OLYMPUS PEN E-PL10 EZ Double Zoom Kit White
- EOS Kiss M Double Zoom Kit White
- Sony α6400 Double Zoom Lens Kit Silver
- Nikon Z 50 Double Zoom Kit
- LUMIX G100 Standard Zoom Lens Tripod Grip Included
Note that the first two positions are hold by the Canon EOS M5 Mark II (named EOS Kiss M2 in Japan), a camera (and line-up) that some people can’t wait to see disappear. Nope, me says. Even the upcoming release of the EOS R7 and EOS R10 won’t mean that the EOS M system will disappear any time soon.