Here is a new Canon EOS 1D X Mark III rumor. Another mention of a possible announcement in February 2020 emerged from the Internet. Canon already announced the development of the EOS 1D Mark III but did not reveal all specifications or the release date..
There are no real doubts left about the announcement of the Canon EOS 1D X Mark III. An authoritative source confirmed it will be at the beginning of 2020, February is the natural choice (CP+ happens).
An image (on top) said to show the upcoming Canon EOS 1D X Mark III was posted by Canon Rumors. It’s a low resolution image. The question is: is this the EOS 1D X Mark III? It doesn’t look like.
The image on top may refer to:
- a prototype of the EOS 1D X Mark III (for instance unpainted or unfinished on the outside)
- a 1D X Mark III with a different look (will Canon really offer a “vintage” 1D X Mark III?)
- A faked image and hence not a 1D X Mark III
We still haven’t made up our minds, though most think it’s a prototype of the Canon EOS 1D X Mark III. What do you think?
Below is the list of what we know for sure about the EOS 1D X Mark III:
- All-new CMOS sensor
- Dual-pixel 525-point CMOS AF with 90/100% coverage horizontally and vertically
- New Digic Processor
- 10-bit HEIF file capture (in addition to JPEG and Raw)
- Max 16fps capture via viewfinder, and 20fps in live view (with AF)
- Dual CF Express card slots
- 10-bit, 4:2:2 4K/60 video with C-Log
- Backlit buttons
There is still uncertainty about the sensor resolution. While both 20MP and 24MP are rumored, we think the latter is more likely. Another persistent rumor says IBIS (In Body Image Stabilisation) will be featured in the EOS 1D X Mark III. We have no doubts that Canon is working on IBIS, given the remarkable collection of patent applications dealing with it and the fact that another Canon exec told the world about. But it’s likely that the first Canon camera to feature it will be a mirrorless, and not the flagship DSLR.
Stay tuned for the next Canon EOS 1D X Mark III rumor (all 1D X Mark III rumors).
Source: Canon Rumors