Canon released a firmware update (version 126.96.36.199.00) for the Canon EOS C200/C200B Cinema cameras.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
- When CN-E70-200mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is attached the following features are enabled:
- Autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function
- Dual Pixel Focus Guide function.
- The joystick on the camera’s grip unit can be set to operate the zoom.
- Manual control of the iris with Camera’s Control dial.
- Control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Start/stop recording on the separately-sold lens grip ZSG-C10.
- Retrieval of Lens metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance will display on the camera.
- Peripheral illumination / chromatic aberration correction.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 128MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C200 cameras running firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 – 18.104.22.168.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the unit’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.