Fujifilm announced a new flagship mirrorless camera today, the FUJIFILM X-H2S. At a glance: 26.1MP…
In an interview, Canon itself rebuked the insistent rumors of the death of the EOS M system. Sales of EOS M cameras account for 30% of sales, Canon says. The EOS R7 and EOS R10 are also talked about.
In an interview with Xitek, Canon representatives state that the EOS M system plays an important role for the company and accounts for 30% of Canon’s sales. Canon also made clear that future R&D (research & development) will shift to the EOS R.
- The EOS R7 and R10 are not products for young people.
- However, Canon certainly wants to open up more youth markets.
- On the other hand, Canon is the world’s largest digital camera maker, targeting everyone, including the elderly and children.
- We want you to take inspiring photos and videos through Canon’s cameras and camcorders and leave them impressed, and our position is to meet the needs of all photo enthusiasts.
- The EOS R7 and EOS R10 are very reasonably priced and high-end with full specs. The cost performance is very high, and it is a product that can be used by all customers, from young people to slightly older people.
- If you take pictures with products like EOS R7 and EOS R10 instead of taking pictures with smartphones, including young people, young people will exert young energy and older people will be young at this moment. Can be found. I think that youth is a living attitude, and I personally want these two models to return to my youth.
Concerning the Canon EOS M system and R&D shifting to the EOS R system (emphasis mine):
- To describe Canon’s R & D concept in one word, “While having its own direction, R & D ability, and potential, we also look at the needs of our customers and adapt the direction and ability of R & D to our customers’ needs. I will go. “
- The EOS M Series accounts for about 30% of Canon’s total camera sales. By the way, EOS R is about 20% and digital SLR is about 40%. The ratio of the M series to our camera sales is extremely high at 30% or more, and it is unlikely that the M series will not be upgraded in the future. We would like to listen to the requests of our customers and provide the M series as long as there is demand.
- On the other hand, there is also the problem of research and development. Currently, the R & D team in the camera department is focusing most on enhancing the EOS R series.
- In terms of marketing and sales, we will increase quantitative options, but in terms of research and development, we are shifting to the EOS R series.
- It’s no secret that the APS-C’s sensor size is small, but at the same time the camera will be smaller and lighter, which will make it more affordable and more accessible.
- Currently, 65% of mirrorless cameras are full size and APS-C accounts for about 35% of the market. It turns out that the demand for APS-C is very high and it is popular. Therefore, in order to further enhance the EOS R series, we decided to release the EOS R7 and EOS R10.
- The difference between the M series and the APS-C released this time is mainly the lens. Also, the autofocus speed is different.
- We will prepare a method to connect the camera and mobile phone and communicate with young people by various means such as live streaming. However […] youth is not the age, but the person’s way of thinking. I would like you to pick up this camera we provide and use your young energy to shoot the colors of youth.
- We will listen to the voices of our customers, understand their needs, and reflect them in our research and development.