Nokishita spotted another yet unreleased Canon camera registered at a wireless certification authority.
The camera’s denomination is “DS126821“, and according to the certification data it uses the Canon LP-E17 battery and has Bluetooth 4.2.
The Canon LP-E17 battery is used on the EOS M3, EOS M5, EOS M6, Rebel SL2, Rebel T6s, Rebel T6i, Rebel T7i, and EOS 77D. The camera DS126821 could refer either to a new EOS M model or a new Rebel. We think it’s likely it refers to the Canon EOS M5 Mark II.
A few weeks ago a rumor surfaced suggesting Canon is set to release two new EOS M cameras. The two rumored EOS M cameras are said to have these specifications:
Canon EOS M50 Mark II / EOS M60
- 32.5mp APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8
- UHD 4K 30p / 24p
- Full HD 120p
- Rear monitor 3 inches 1.04 million dots Vari-angle touch panel
- Announcement date September 2020
Another Canon EOS M camera
- 24mp APS-C CMOS sensor
- 3rd generation Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology / Eye AF compatible
- Rear monitor 3-inch vari-angle touch panel
- Announcement date Before July 2020
- Price $849 with kit lens
Might DS126821 be one of these unreleased Canon camera?. Stay tuned.