Here is a somewhat different Canon EOS R5 and EOS C70 review. How do they…
- 20.2MP 1″ High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- 4.2x Optical Zoom f/1.8-2.8 IS Lens
- 24-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- High-Speed AF with 31 Focus Points
- Full HD Video Recording at 60p
- ISO 12,800 & 6.5 fps Continuous Shooting
- Control Ring, Dials & Built-In ND Filter
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
From B&H Photo’s product page:
Featuring a large 1″ 20.2-megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and the powerful DIGIC 6 image processor the PowerShot G7 X Digital Camera from Canon embodies the HS SYSTEM that allows for dramatically improved low-light performance and ISO sensitivities up to 12,800. These abilities combined with a fast 4.2x f/1.8-2.8 optical zoom lens, equivalent to 24-100mm in the 35mm format, provide users with a responsive camera capable of producing highly detailed imagery in a wide range of situations. The lens also features Intelligent Image Stabilization for reducing the effects of camera shake. Additionally, it features a “selfie-ready” multi-angle 3.0″ capacity touchscreen LCD screen with a 1,040k-dot resolution.
Adding to the overall speed of the G7 X is a High-Speed AF with 31 focus points for a large, more accurate focus area. This works with the 6.5 fps continuous shooting rate and a large buffer for capturing numerous sharp images in full resolution without slowing down. Another benefit of the faster processing is full HD 1920 x 1080 video recording in 60p. Handling of the G7 X also contributes with a physical control ring as well as exposure and mode dials. Additionally, there is a built-in ND filter for added convenience.
Complementing the imaging and handling traits of the camera is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for the instant sharing of photos and videos to linked mobile devices, home computers, or directly to select social networking sites. Connection is further simplified through the implementation of NFC technology to streamline the sharing process. Once linked, mobile devices can also be used to control and release the camera’s shutter.
- 20.2MP High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- The 20.2-megapixel High-Sensitivity 1″ CMOS sensor andDIGIC 6 image processor work in concert to producehigh resolution still imagery and full HD video recording with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 12800.The combination of these two technologies creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which provides effective low-light sensitivity with minimal noise and enhanced clarity to truly benefit impressive image making indimly-lit situations. The processor also contributes to overall speed throughout the camera, including High-Speed AF, full HD1080p video recording at 60 fps, and a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 6.5 fps with no buffer limit.The redeveloped sensor and processor also combine to enable RAW imaging with 14-bit signal processing, the same used in Canon’s EOS DSLRs, to provide high image quality with expanded post-processing capabilities.
- Canon 4.2x Optical Zoom Lens
- The built-in Canon 4.2x optical zoom lens provides a35mm-equivalent focal length range of24-100mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto perspectives to suit working in a wide array of situations. The f/1.8-2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditionsand also contributes to producing shallow depth of field imagery, which is further complemented by a nine-blade aperture for producing a smooth out-of-focus quality.The lens’ performance is further enhanced through the inclusion of an Optical Image Stabilizer system, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to suit working in difficult lighting conditions. Furthermore, an Intelligent IS system offers unique stabilization solutions depending on specific shooting conditions.
- Full HD Video Recording at 60 fps
- Full HD 1080p movie recording is supported at 60 fps in the Internet-friendly MP4 format. A built-in stereo microphone provides clear sound and direct playback to an HDTV is afforded through the incorporation of an HDMI port.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables seamless and instant transferring of photos and videos to mobile devices, home computers, and to select social networking sites. Linking Android devices to the camerais aided throughthe incorporation of NFC (Near Field Communication), which facilitates connection simply by tapping the two devices. A dedicated Mobile Device Connect Button is available too, to furtherestablish a simplified means for linking bothiOS and Android devices. Additionally, Automatic Switching via the Image Sync function works to automatically sync images with any discovered and linked PC within a designated network or, alternatively, images are temporarily sent to the CANON iMAGE GATEWAY for later transferring.When connected, the mobile device can also be used to remotely control and release the camera’s shutter, self-timer, flash, and zoom from a distance, as well as display a live view image on the linked device’s screen.
- Camera Design
- Revolving around a compact overall form factor, the G7 X incorporates a large 3.0″ 1,040k-dot, 3:2 aspect ratio capacitive touchscreen LCD for live view monitoring, image playback, and menu navigation. As a touchscreen, convenient and intuitive features, such as Touch AF, touch-enabled shutter release and focus point selection, and simplified menu navigation, are also available to benefit an overall workflow. Additionally, the screen features a multi-angle design for working at different angles.
Benefitting the overall control and handling capabilities, a control ring is available for controlling customizable functions and camera settings. When combined with a rear control dial, the camera can be easily configured to give immediate access to the most frequently used camera controls. It also has exposure and mode dials.
- Other Camera Features
- A 31-point AF system delivers precise focus in a quick and consistent manner. Individual focus points are easily selectable as well as different AF frame sizes depending on the type of subject being photographed. One-point and Touch AF functions are also supported.
- Shoot images and video of the stars with Star Mode designed to better capture the brilliance and wonder of the night sky.