See the list of the first four:
1. Canon EF50mm F1.8 II
2. Tamron AF18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD AF Lens for Canon
3. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX Lens
4. Tamron AF18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di-II LD Aspherical [IF] Macro Lens for Canon
See the list of the first four:
Focus Taiwan today informs that Canon inc. is going to expand his production realizing two new plants that will by completed by the end of May 2012 the first, and in July 2012 the second.
They will employ about 7,000 workers and the combined investment will exceed NT$30 billion (US$1.05 billion).
The two plants located in Taichung and Chiayi Dapume decentralize the production and meet the rising demand for digital single-lens-reflex cameras. Focus Taiwan
will have the opportunity to snap up one of just 2,000 limited-edition “red” EOS 1100D digital SLR cameras. Offered nationally through JB HiFi, Bing Lee, Harvey Norman, Ted’s, Camera House stores, the limited-edition Twin IS lens kit includes engraved numbering, a numbered certificate and a bonus custom-made aluminium travel case.
“The limited-edition red camera has attracted a lot of attention pre-launch with its distinctive looks and, together with the bonus case and unique numbering, will be highly sought after by consumers in-store,” said Brydie York, General Manager – Sales & Customer Leadership, Canon Consumer Imaging, Canon Australia.
The Limited Edition EOS 1100D Red Kit is valued at RRP$1199.
• Red Digital SLR Camera EOS 1100D
• EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS II Lens
• EF-S 55-250mm f/4–5.6 IS Lens
• EOS Red Wide Strap
• BONUS – Canon Custom Aluminium Travel Case worth $70
• Limited Edition Engraved Plate (# of 2000)
• Accessories – Charger and Connection Cords
• Numbered Limited Edition Certificate from Canon
News-Press-Releases, Canon Australia
Canon has renewed Speedlite 270EX with Speedlite 270EX II, the new, ultra-lightweight and “high-performance flash unit designed for the evolving EOS enthusiast.
• Ultra-compact, ultra-lightweight, high-performance flash unit.
• Vertical bounce capability up to 90 degrees provides a wide range of picture-taking options.
• Flash coverage can be switched between Normal (28mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 72 ft./22m at ISO 100) and Tele (50mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 89 ft./27m at ISO 100).
• Slave function allows the flash to be triggered wirelessly (when used with an EOS DSLR with a master function).
• Flash release function triggers the camera wirelessly from the flash on a 2-second delay, allowing the flash to be repositioned to illuminate the subject.” Canon USA
Estimated Retail Price: $169.99
“Changes in this firmware:
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
1. Improves writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.
2.Fixes a phenomenon where the ability to shoot movies may be stopped under the following conditions:
• When using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards with little available space remaining and the user attempts to start shooting movies; or
• When the camera’s battery is removed and reinserted into the camera and the user immediately attempts to start shooting movies.
3. Corrects misspellings in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese languages (applies to models outside of the the Japanese market only).”