EDIT: Thanks to Robert M for having pointed out in the comment section that there…
Rumored Shipping Dates For Canon EOS R3 And 16mm & 100-400mm Lenses
So, the Canon EOS R3 and the RF 16mm and RF 100-400mm are scheduled to get announced tomorrow. What about the shipping dates?
Nokishita tweeted that the RF 16mm and RF 100-400mm will be available in Japan in late October 2021, the EOS R3 will start ship in late November 2021. The multi-accessory shoe smartphone adapter “AD-P1” will ship in February 2022, and the multi-accessory shoe stereo microphone “DM-E1D” in March 2022.
Get ready for tomorrow’s announcement!
While waiting for the one that’s born to rule, have a look how impressing the 30fps of the R3 are. We expect the announcement in Fall 2021, likely in September. Here is what we know about the EOS R3 so far:
- 24MP backside illuminated image sensor
- Multi-Controller & Smart Controller
- Vari-Angle Touch Screen
- NEW accessory shoe
- Wifi 5GHz
- High speed 30fps electronic shutter with AF/AE tracking + RAW shooting at this speed
- AF down to -7.0 EV
- 8 Stops Coordinated Control IS with Optical IS and In-Body IS
- 4K Canon Log3
- Oversampling 4K
- Internal RAW video
- Inclusion of cars and motorbikes in AF tracking technology
- RAW internal movie recording
- Speedlite shooting with electronic shutter
- The same weather sealing as the EOS-1D series
- LP-E19 Battery
- Dual card slot SD & CFExpress
All our EOS R3 coverage is listed here, product images are here and here. There has been some discussion about who makes the imaging sensor of the EOS R3. You can get notified when the Canon EOS R3 will be available for preorder.