Authorised Canon retailer Adorama has open box deals on the highly regarded Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens, on sale at $1,699.95 instead of $1,949.95. Free shipping.
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM AutoFocus Telephoto Zoom Lens is a wide-aperture telephoto zoom with image stabilization designed for professional photographers and advanced hobbyists. Designed to work with both full-frame and APS sensor Canon DSLRs, this fast autofocus high-performance lens includes four UD glass elements, which promote contrasty, accurate images. The wide constant f/2.8 maximum aperture provides shallow depth of field so the subject is better separated from the background. Improved two-mode image stabilization adds four exposure stops for handheld low-light use. A focus range limiter helps reduce focus time. Its ultrasonic motor focuses quickly and smoothly. Minimum focus is 4.9 feet. A removable tripod collar is included.
Kirill Neiezhmakov made a timelapse and hyperlapse video of Hong Kong. This is for sure not your typical timelapse video. It’s a timelapse and hyperlapse video with a decent dose of psychedelic elements.
The video was made using two Canon EOS 60D, an Canon EOS 70D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4.0-5.6, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Samyang 8mm f/3.5, Canon EF 17-55mm f/2.8, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L and a GoPro Hero 4. Adobe After Effects, Lightroom and LRTimelapse have been used for post-processing.
A Canon patent for a 70-200mm F2.8 DO (Diffractive Optics) lens. The patent was spotted by Egami, and they suggest this lens could hit the market before 2020, as replacement for the Canon EF 70-200 F2.8L IS.
It’s also suggested that this lens is 8K ready, i.e. ready to work with an 8K DSLR.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-80877
- Published 2016.5.16
- Filing date 2014.10.17
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 2.69
- Focal length 72.15 134.00 193.98
- F-number 2.91 2.91 2.91
- Angle of view 16.69 9.17 6.36
- Image height 21.64
- The total lens length 223.50 223.50 223.50
- BF 45.35 45.35 45.35
-  Conventional full high definition (number of pixels 1920 × 1080, pixel size number .mu.m) If image quality equivalent was sufficient in the conventional example as described in patent documents mentioned above. However, Super Hi-Vision (the number of pixels 8000 × 4000, pixel size 1μm before and after) for the future sought image quality, such as, is not sufficient in the imaging performance of conventional zoom lens. Therefore, further improvement of performance (in particular, reduction of the chromatic aberration amount) is required.
- Canon patent
- DOE ( diffractive optical element )
- Inner zoom (Examples 2 and 3)
- Inner focus
- Floating (Examples 1, 4)
AllNewShop on eBay (99.4% positive ratings) has the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS USM lens on sale at $1,599. Compare at $1,949. A very good price for a highly regarded lens. Free shipping. Please note: this may be a grey import item.
More Canon deals on eBay
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS at a glance:
- EF Mount L-Series Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-32
- Fluorite & Ultra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Mode Optical Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Focus Motor
- Super Spectra Multi Coating
- Manual Focus Override
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.9′
- Eight Blade Circular Aperture
- Dust & Moisture Resistant Sealing
Another great deal for a great lens! Seller AllNewShop on eBay (99.4% positive ratings has the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L II IS on sale at $1,699. Compare at $1,949. Free shipping. Please note: this is likely a grey import item.
More Canon deals on eBay.