PhotonsToPhoto appear to be the first to have published figures taken on the Canon EOS R sensor. Click on the images below to get a larger view.
You can see that the EOS R sensor has a similar performance as the EOS 5D Mark IV sensor (and to some degree also with the Nikon Z7) while the EOS 6D Mark II sensor show a clearly different behaviour. The Sony A7 III has a clearly better noise performance.
Pre-orders for the EOS R will start tomorrow, September 12, 2018, you can get notified by B&H Photo or Adorama when they are available. For pre-order notification at B&H for all new Canon gear announced today see here.
If you’re based in UK you can already pre-order the EOS R:
- Canon EOS R body at £2,349
- Canon EOS R with RF 24-105mm f/4L IS at £3,269
- Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS at £1,119
- Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L at £3,049
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro at £519
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L at £2,349
World-wide pre-order links: