Canon got themselves a Fujitsu FX1000 Supercomputer System. Press release: Fujitsu to Deliver New FX1000…
Canon released some statements about the new EOS M50 (), and about the company’s future mirrorless plans. Masahiro Sakata, president of Canon group member Canon Marketing Japan, gives some insights in Canon’s mirrorless strategy.
When asked about a possible high-end mirrorless camera, Mr. Sakata said “we will look at the timing and consider it”.
Excerpts from Nikkei Asian Review report:
TOKYO — Canon will shift more of its focus to mirrorless cameras, a change in strategy spurred by sharp growth in the market.
The company boasts a commanding share of the global single-lens reflex market but was reluctant to enter the mirrorless field over concerns about cannibalizing SLR sales.
Canon said Monday that it will release an entry-level mirrorless camera next month. The product is positioned as “a strategic model” for mirrorless cameras, according to Masahiro Sakata […]
Canon hopes that the new product will attract demand from families, including mothers who enjoy taking pictures of their children.[…]
With mirrorless cameras rapidly gaining popularity and rivals like Sony breaking into SLRs, Canon decided it must “actively roll out products for a growth market even if there is some cannibalization,” Sakata said.[…]
The company is making efforts “to be able to respond to customer needs in any region by offering both SLR and mirrorless cameras,” said Go Tokura, a Canon executive officer.
- Canon EOS M50 Body – on sale at $779: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (Black) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM – on sale at $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (White) with EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM – on sale at $899: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 (Black) with Zoom Lens Kit – on sale at $1,249: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
- Canon EOS M50 Video Creators Kit – on sale at $999: B&H Photo | Adorama | Amazon
Pre-order the Canon EOS M50 in ITALY: Canon Italia