The glorious Canon EOS 7D (announced August 2009) appears to have reached “end of life” status
I got more bits (thanks #1) about retailers in Europe getting notified that the Canon EOS 7D has reached an “end of life” status. And I have been told (thanks #2) that in such cases “normally within a month or two a replacement [is] announced“. That doesn’t mean there is a written rule stating that any time a Canon camera reaches end of life status there will automatically be a replacement within 2 months. It happens normally.
Always more hints are pointing to an announcement in August 2014. Previous rumors suggested an announcement in September for Photokina 2014. Is Canon going to announce something so big that they want to announce and introduce it in August for later showcasing it at Photokina 2014? Just my 2 cents.
Something is going to happen. Let’s hope to get soon some leaks about specs. For the time there is a rumored specs list, but I would take it with a big pinch of salt.
The Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM is on the best way to become a best seller. Very good performance at a more than affordable price. The Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM sells for $299 and is in stock at Adorama and B&H Photo. Kudos to Canon for making such a good lens and for selling it at that price.
- makes optically nice & sharp pictures
- great wide-angle look
- great & silent Auto-focus works smooth in Video-mode
- good Images stabilizer (IS)
- good close focus range … almost macro feel to it
- works good for taking stills
- good price (around 270 EUR in Germany and $299 in the US)
- manual focus ring is small and has no hard stops or markings on it so its a bit hard to manually focus
- non-constant aperture
- built quality is not the best / its not exactly weather sealed
- does not come with a Lens Hood
The glorious Canon EOS 7D – No longer available from distributors?
A few days ago it made the round that the Canon EOS 7D reached the “end of life” status – which, as you may guess, makes us all hope Canon will soon announce the 7D replacement.
Via Facebook (thanks Han) I was told that a big retailer in the Netherlands is listing the EOS 7D as “temporarily sold out”. Another sign that Canon’s next APS-C flagship is on its way?