It appears Canon is indeed going to release an EOS R with APS-C sensor. Or…
A list of specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS RP full frame mirrorless camera emerged from the web.
We know (now) that the EOS RP will be an entry level model in the EOS R line-up, these are the suggested specifications:
- Camera weight is 400g, the lightest full-frame mirrorless camera ever
- A side-articulated monitor and a comfortable grip
- A new 24MP CMOS sensor. Expect the performance similar to EOS R
- No Touch Bar and top monitor but an extra dial
- Standard ISO 100-40000
- Eye AF now supports Servo AF and Video AF
- Dual Pixel AF speed is 0.05 sec.
- USB-C and headphone jack are available. Battery charging while shooting issupported
- Canon Log, HDMI clean output, and 1.56x 4K crop
- Price is about $1300USD for body (We’re really hoping it’s priced this aggressively)
Take this with a grain of salt. It looks legit but we have no confirmation. Some of the stuff above looks to good for an entry level full frame mirrorless camera made by Canon. Our information about the price differs, we have been told the EOS RP will sell at $1,600.
Stay tuned…[via Canon Rumors]