We got an interesting tip (thanks) about a Canon 8K camera with a Super 35mm…
Today, perfectly on schedule, a set of suggested specifications for the the high resolution EOS R surfaced. We were expecting it. Here are the specifications (of a prototype, according to the source):
- A slightly larger body and grip than the EOS R
- 80mp full-frame image sensor
- A “new style” of joystick
- Larger LCD than the EOS R
- Larger viewfinder than the EOS R
- The “viewfinder” can be tilted up and down
- Dual SD card slots
- No video specifications are known
All in all everything in the list above is plausible. A high resolution EOS R that’s going to replace the Canon EOS 5Ds/5Ds R would have everything listed above.
The high resolution EOS R was scheduled to be announced in 2019 but it starts to appear it will come in 2020. We are still not sure about this.
Source: Canon Rumors